Dr. Sushil Azad is currently working in Paediatric Cardiology and Adult Congenital Heart Disaese Department at Amrita Hospital, Faridabad . In his 19 years of experience in Paediatric Cardiology he has done 4500 interventional cardiology procedures on every age group. The youngest infant he treated in cath lab was a 1.5 kg preterm who had a complex congenital heart disease. He Specializes in dealing with congenital heart disease in all age groups (from neonatal to adult ).
He is a graduate from Pt. B.D. Sharma PGIMS Rohtak and subsequently did his post graduation from Pt. J.L. Nehru Medical college Raipur. He was instrumental in developing the Pediatric Cardiology Program at Medanta and subsequently establishing the DNB Pediatric Cardiology program at Medanta Gurgaon. He also started the Percutaneous Pulmonary Valve Implantation program at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and later established it as center of excellence in only Centre doing Percutaneous pulmonary valve implantation. He was over 25 research publications and has chapters written in textbook of pediatric cardiology and echocardiography and various paper presentations in national and international conferences. He has organized workshop on Pediatric Echocardiography in National and state level PEDICON
- MBBS (Pt. B.D. Sharma PGIMS, Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana)
- MD Pediatrics ( Pt. J.L.Nehru Medical College, Raipur)
- Fellow in Pediatric cardiac intensive care ( Madras Medical Mission Hospital, Chennai, India)
- Fellowship National Board in Pediatric Cardiology ( Escorts Heart Institute and research Institute, New Delhi, India.)
- Diagnostic and Interventions in Cath Lab
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric cardiac Intensive care
Prizes- Prestigious PEET Prize for Ideas and Innovation
- Best paper award for Paper on “Nutritional status of Children in Wadraf Nagar, Ambikapur” in Chattisgarh State Pedicon
- Best Paper award for paper on “Device closure of Aortic Pseudoaneurysm using Amplatzer Septal occlude “ at APCASH Hongkong
Articles and book chapters
- Fetal Echoacardiography: Echocardiography in congenital heart disease : a practical approach
- Neonatal Cardiology : IAP speciality series on Pediatric Cardiology
- Tetralogy of Fallot: IAP speciality series on Pediatric Cardiology
Chapters in Books
- Aortico-left ventricular tunnel: Echocardiographic recognition: Indian Heart Journal, 2006 Sushil Azad, Munesh Tomar, Sitaraman Radhakrishnan, Krishna Subramony Iyer, Savitri Shrivastava.
- Balloon dilatation of the pulmonary valve in premature babies with Tetralogy of Fallot. Pediatric cardiology volume 29, Number 5,946-49. Kohli V., Azad A, Sachdev MD., Joshi R, Ebeid R, Makram.
- Right superior vencava draining into left atrium associated with a coronary-cameral fistula occluding atrial septal deft.: first echocardiographic, angiographic and surgical discription., Pediatric cardiology Volume 30, Number 3,356-358 Azad S, Joshi R, Sachdev MS, Kohli V.
- Unusual cause of absent pulse in one arm: Isolated subclavian artery Sushil Azad, Munesh Tomar .Asian cardiovascular and thoracic journal. Volume: 23 issue: 4, page(s): 439-442
- Left Superior Vena Cava Draining Into Left Atrium in Tetralogy of Fallot-Four Cases of a Rare Association.
Ramman TR,, Dutta N,
Chowdhuri KR, Agrawal S,
Girotra S, Azad S,
Radhakrishnan S, Iyer PU,
Iyer KS. World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg. 2018 Jan 1:2150135117742625
- Indian guidelines for indications and timing of intervention for common congenital heart diseases: Revised and updated consensus statement of the Working group on management of congenital heart diseases
Anita Saxena1, Jay Relan, Ravi Agarwal, Neeraj Awasthy,
Sushil Azad et al. 01 Sep 2019- Annals of Pediatric Cardiology
- Abernethy malformation: Our experience from a tertiary cardiac care center and review of literature
Sushil Azad, Adhi Arya, Radhakrishnan Sitaraman, Amit Garg 01 Sep 2019- Annals of Pediatric Cardiology
- Double outlet of both ventricles: morphological, echocardiographic and surgical considerations.
Krishna S Iyer, Ankit Garg, Sumir Girotra, Robert H. Anderson,
Sushil Azad, Sitaraman Radhakrishnan, Parvathi U Iyer
13 Apr 2021-European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Fontan associated liver disease: Is elastography useful?
Adhi Arya, Sushil Azad, S. R. Radhakrishnan
15 Jan 2020-Progress in Pediatric Cardiology
- Early multicenter experience of Melody valve implantation in India
Kshitij Sheth, Sushil Azad, Bharat Dalvi, Maulik Parekh et al.
01 Jul 2021-Annals of Pediatric Cardiology
- A systematic approach to epicardial echocardiography in pediatric cardiac surgery: An important but underutilized intraoperative tool.
Neeraj Awasthy, Sumir Girotra, Nilanjan Dutta, Sushil Azad, Sitaraman Radhakrishnan, Krishna S Iyer
01 Apr 2021-Annals of Pediatric Cardiology
- Non-obstructive membrane of left atrial appendage orifice: first paediatric report.
Sakshi Sachdeva, Sushil Azad, Sitaraman Radhakrishnan
14 May 2020-Cardiology in The Young
- Pulmonary Valve Replacement in Repaired Tetralogy of Fallot Through Limited Left Anterolateral Thoracotomy: An Alternative to Repeat Sternotomy.
Tarun Raina Ramman, Kuntal Roy Chowdhuri, Nayem Raja, Sumir Girotra, Sushil Azad, Parvathi U Iyer,
Krishna S Iyer
15 Apr 2020-World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery
- Angiotensin Receptor and Neprylisin Inhibitor: A new drug in pediatric cardiologist's armamentarium. Adhi Arya, Sushil Azad, Radhakrishnan Sitaraman.
01 Oct 2020-Annals of Pediatric Cardiology
- Unusual combination of three types of interatrial communications in a child. Tarun Raina Ramman, Sushil Azad, Krishna S Iyer
Nov 2020-Cardiology in The Young
- Incidence and Type of Right Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction in Postoperative Tetralogy of Fallot Pediatric Patients. Mohammad Kidwai , Sushil Azad, Sitaraman Radhakrishnan, Ankit Garg .Indian Journal of Clinical Cardiology (3), February 2022.
- Role of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Hypocalcemia-Induced Dilated Cardiomyopathy in Pediatric Population. Ankit Garg, Sushil Azad, Khemendra Kumar, Mona Bhatia, S. Radhakrishnan. Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging 31. 2022
- Echocardiographic Assessment of Right Ventricular Systolic Function in Postoperative Tetralogy of Fallot Patients with Special Emphasis on Right Ventricular-Global Longitudinal Strain. Mohammad Kidwai , Sushil Azad, Sitaraman Radhakrishnan, Ankit Garg . Journal of The Indian Academy of Echocardiography & Cardiovascular Imaging, 6, 2022
- Left Ventricular Function Assessment of Patients with Postoperative Ventricular Septal Defect Closure by Longitudinal Strain on Two-Dimensional Echocardiography 1 Year after Surgery. Ankit Garg, Sushil Azad, S. Radhakrishnan ,Ashish Banpurkar, Journal of The Indian Academy of Echocardiography & Cardiovascular Imaging. 5. 2021.
- Percutaneous paravalvular leak closure with their outcomes: A single center experience. Ankit Garg, Sushil Azad, S. Radhakrishnan . 2021 Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia. 24. 2021.
- Isolated absent right pulmonary artery in an infant with 22q11 deletion. Ankit Garg, Sushil Azad, S. Radhakrishnan .Cardiology in the Young. 31. 1-3, 2021.
- Neonatal cardiac hypertrophy: A rare case of clinically suspected and genetically confirmed mitochondrial disorder presenting as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Sushil Azad, Ashish Banapurkar, S. Radhakrishnan, Ankit Garg. Indian Journal of Case Reports. 6. 712-714 2020
- Multiple diffuse coronary cameral fistulas from the left anterior descending artery and right coronary artery to both the right and left ventricle associated with left ventricular noncompaction: A rare combination. Roli Shrivastava, Sushil Azad, Sitaraman Radhakrishnan. (2020). Annals of Pediatric Cardiology. 13.2020.
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on pediatric cardiac services in India. Choubey, Mrigank & Ramakrishnan, Sivasubramanian & Sachdeva, Sakshi & Kalaivani, Mani & Gangopadhyay, Debasree & Sivakumar, Kothandam & Kappanayil, Mahesh & Jayranganath, Mahimarangaiah & Koneti, Nageswara & Awasthy, Neeraj & Bobhate, Prashant & Gupta, Saurabh & Azad, Sushil & Dhulipudi, Bhargavi & Sonawane, Bhushan & Bandopadhyay, Biswajit & Muthukumaran, Chinnaswamy & Das, Debasis & Sivalingam, Devaprasath & Rao, Suresh. Annals of pediatric cardiology. 14. 260-268.2021
- Transcatheter closure of right pulmonary artery to left atrium fistula in an infant: technical consideration and possible closure techniques. Vikas Arya ,Sushil Azad, Sitaraman Radhakrishnan. Cardiology in the young. 29.2019
- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Atrial septal defect. Sushil Azad. J of Echocardiographic and cardiovascular Imaging. 4,3,253-259.2020.
- Protein Energy Malnutrition in preschool tribe’s children of Chhattisgarh. Shachi Taran; Sushil Azad. International Journal of Pediatrics, 3, 4.2, 2015, 823-831
Paper And Poster Presentations
- 4th World Congress Pediatric congenital Cardiac surgery, 2005 Argentina: Impact of Inadequate rims on device closure of atrial septal defects
- APCASH Hong Kong 2012: Percutaneous closure of ascending aorta pseudoaneurysm using Amplatzer Septal occluder. (Won second best paper Award).
- Asia Pacific Pediatric cardiac Society (APPCS 2014) :
- Cyanosis with CHF in neonate: rare but correctable cause is pulmonary thrombosis RV outflow tract thrombus presenting as severe infundibular stenosis: A rare presentation.
- Use of Bioabsorbable metal stent in critical Coarctation in infant with bronchopulmonary dysplasia (oral presentation)
- Vitamin D Deficiency associated with Left Ventricular dysfunction : Our Experience (oral presentation).
- Vitamin D Deficiency associated with left ventricular dysfunction: Our Experience (Oral presentation)
- Asia pacific Pediatric cardiac society ( APPCS 2016)
- Absent Pulmonary valve syndrome: Prenatal diagnosis of a common variant and a very rare association
- Rare prenatal diagnosis of Tachy Bardy syndrome: A case report
- CSI Asia Pacific 2018
- Immediate result and early follow up of ASD closure using Figulla- Occulotech septal occlude- Indian experience
- Device closure of Non ischemic, Non traumatic left ventricular apical pseudoaneurysm : a rare presentation
- Coarctation in adults : challenges faced
- Device closure of residual postoperative congenital and acquired ruptured sinus of Valsalva to right atrium fistula : difficulties faced.
- Pedicon 2003: Nutritional status of tribal children of Wadraf Nagar, Ambikapur, Chattisgarh.
- Annual conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, August 2006, New Delhi: Modification of technique in transcatheter closure of difficult atrial septal defects using Amplatzer septal occluder.
- Annual Conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, 2008, Kochi.
- Fetal Echocardiography: Experience of a Pediatric Cardiology unit associated with a Fetal medicine Unit.
- Absent Ductus Venosus resulting in utero right ventricular failure and pulmonary hypertension
- Annual Conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, 2009 Chandigarh
- Double outlet right atrium: Echocardiographic and surgical correlation
- Extra-anatomic aortic bypass (Ventral aorta) for complex coarctation-A Case Report
- Coronary artery bypass operation in a 18 months old child with coronary artery aneurysms and stenosis due to Kawasaki disease.
- Surgery in infants less than 5 kg. – Our experience.
- Annual conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, 2011, Kochi.
- Annual conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, 2016, Chennai.
- Life threatening pulmonary embolism complicating Nephrotic syndrome in a child: A case report.
- Vitamin D Deficiency associated with Left Ventricular dysfunction: Our Experience.
- Annual conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, November 2007, Kolkata: Closing Patient ductus arteriosus in preterm.
- Annual Conference of IAP (Pedicon 2012, Gurgaon) : Workshop (Role of diagnostics in pediatric practice): Sponsored symposium (Interesting case scenario in routine pediatric practice.
- UP Pedicon 2013 : Workshop in Pediatric Cardiology- Coronary anomalies in children.
- Annual Conference of Pediatrics (PEDICON 2014) Panel discussion on IPAH, Myocarditis and Kawasaki disease in children.
- Annual conference of Pediatric cardiac society of India 2015 Hyderabad
- Annual conference of Pediatric cardiac society of India 2016 Banglore : Atrial septal stenting : Inappropriate Anatomy or Hemodynamics
- Annual conference of Pediatric cardiac society of India 2017 Mumbai: Takayasu Arteritis in Children
- Annual conference of Pediatric cardiac society of India 2018 Ahmedebad : Takayasu Arteritis in Children
- PEDICON Lukhnow 2018 : Hypertension in children
- Invited Guest Lecture at Various IAP meets at Gurgaon, Bhatinda, Varanasi, Indore.