Dr Suraj Bhagat is a Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist with more than 15 years experience in his field of expertise. After completing MD in Internal Medicine from Maulana Azad Medical College in New Delhi, he secured the coveted Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of UK. In 2006, he joined the prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh for DM Gastroenterology fellowship. After DM, he has worked at the renowned Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department of Medanta Hospital, Gurugram for more than 12 years before joining Amrita Hospitals in Faridabad. He is a therapeutic endoscopist trained in advanced endoscopic procedures including therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasound, ERCP and third space endoscopy.
His special interests include comprehensive management of overweight/obesity, fatty liver and metabolic syndrome (from life style interventions to specialized endoscopy); luminal diseases (in particular, inflammatory bowel disease) and nutritional rehabilitation. He is involved in teaching and research in his field of interest, with publications in journals and textbooks. Special research areas include objective evaluation of effects of Yoga techniques in healthy individuals and disease, especially in the management of chronic intestinal diseases. Life style modification and de-addiction are key aspects of his clinical practice.
- DM Gastroenterology
- MRCP (UK)
- MD Internal Medicine
- Disorders of GI tract including the esophagus, stomach, intestines, pancreas, liver and biliary tract.
- Comparison of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration by capillary action, suction, and no suction methods: a randomized blinded study. Bansal RK, Choudhary NS, Puri R, Patle SK, Bhagat S, Nasa M, Bhasin A, Sarin H, Guleria M, Sud R. Endosc Int Open. 2017 Oct;5(10): E980-E984
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of the adrenal glands: analysis of 21 patients. Puri R, Thandassery RB, Choudhary NS, Kotecha H, Misra SR, Bhagat S, Paliwal M, Madan K, Saraf N, Sarin H, Guleria M, Sud R. Clin Endosc. 2015 Mar;48(2):165-70
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided pelvic and prostatic abscess drainage: experience in 30 patients. Puri R, Choudhary NS, Kotecha H, Shah SP, Paliwal M, Misra SR, Bhagat S, Madan K, Saraf N, Sud R. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2014 Sep;33(5):410-3
- Celiac disease suspected at endoscopy in patients with chronic liver disease. Kochhar R, Dutta U, Miglani A, Bhagat S, Poornachandra KS, Vaiphei K, Nain CK, Singh K. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2011 Jul;30(4):166-9
- Clinical profile and outcome of aluminum phosphide-induced esophageal strictures. Kochhar R, Dutta U, Poornachandra KS, Vaiphei K, Bhagat S, Nagi B, Singh K. J Med Toxicol. 2010 Sep;6(3):301-6
- Rolled up tongue; a sign of previous caustic injury. U Dutta, S Bhagat, R Kochhar, B Nagi, K Singh. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2008; 23:1944
- A comparative evaluation of CRP as a short term prognostic marker in severe unstable angina. Bhagat S, Gaiha M, Sharma VK et al. J Assoc Physicians India 2003; 51:349-354