Dr. Shweta Mendiratta is a Senior Consultant Obstetrician and Laparoscopic Gynaecologist; Assistant Professor at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences with 14 years of experience. She is a dedicated, competent, and qualified MBBS & MS Obs & Gynae from the prestigious Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University (BHU) followed by DNB Obs. & Gynae, Credentialed FICOG, IMS Menopause Practitioner (CIMP). She believes in providing evidence-based care to women. She provides treatments for conditions related to – prenatal care, postnatal care, painful menstrual period management, vaginal infections. Her expertise lies in high-risk pregnancies, Abdominal & vaginal hysterectomy, Minimally Invasive Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgeries, Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopies, Infertility, Adolescent Health. You will find in her a guide, while making any decision in your journey from adolescence to reproductive years to menopause.
She has various publications in National and Internationals journals. Dr. Shweta holds membership of many well-known organizations such as FOGSI, FOGS Faridabad, ISOPARB & Indian Menopause Society. Providing you utmost love, support and care is her motto. As a medical practitioner Dr. Shweta Mendiratta. She has a strong dedication for medical research & training fellow colleagues & subordinates. She is trained & accustomed to react calmly & effectively in emergency situations. She has efficiently managed cases even during the COVID-19 times & complies strictly to quality, safety, hygiene, & infection control standards.
- MBBS- Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi: 2002-2006
- MS (OB-GYN)- Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi: 2007-2011
- DNB (OB-GYN)- National Board of Examinations, (NBE), New Delhi: 2014
- Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy Surgery (FALS) :2018
- Diploma in Cosmetic Gynaecology by American Aesthetic Association (AAA): 2019
- Credentialed IMS Menopause Practitioner (CIMP)- Indian Menopause Society (IMS) :2021
- Fellow of Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists. (FICOG): 2022
- A highly skilled & competent Gynaecologist & Obstetrician practising for 14 years with 4 + years of Teaching Experience in Caesarean Operations, Laparoscopic, Hysteroscopy & Conventional Surgeries, Laparotomies & Hysterectomy Operations.
- A dedicated guide, coach, mentor for DNB students, managing each facet of the academic program right from coordinating activities to delivering the teaching materials.
- Experience in performing IVF & treating Infertility, Infertility Laparoscopic Procedures, Diagnostics Laparoscopic, & Ultrasound.
- Extensive knowledge in identifying & managing high-risk pregnancies by following international guidelines & protocols.
- Experience in all Emergency, OPD, Ward Duties, including Spontaneous & Assisted Vaginal Deliveries, Caesarean Section, Exploratory Laparotomies in Ectopic Pregnancy & Ruptured Uterus, Abdominal Hysterectomy, Vaginal Hysterectomy including Non-Descent Vaginal Hysterectomy, MTPs & Laparoscopic Ligation, Diagnostic Laparoscopy, & Hysteroscopy.
- Fellow of Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists. (FICOG) (2022)
- Federation of Obstetric & Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
- Indian Menopause Society (IMS)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Society of Perinatology & Reproductive Biology (ISOPARB)
- 2000 - Winner of National Talent Search Exam (NTSE) - The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Scholarship
- May 2017 - Invited as a Speaker: Role of Uterine Artery Embolization in Modern Era; 5th International Congress of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (ICGO-2017), Prague, Czech Republic.
- May 2022 - Invited as a faculty for the 37th National Annual Conference on Respectful Maternity Care - Fighting the Odds by the Indian Society of Perinatology & Reproductive Biology (ISOPARB), Varanasi.
- Molecular Basis of Unexplained Infertility with Special Reference to Cytokines; UPCON 2009
- Molecular Basis of Unexplained Infertility; YUVA FOGSI, North Zone, 2010
- Role of Cytokines in Unexplained Infertility; 55th AICOG, Varanasi, 2012
- Classification of Caesarean Section through Robson Criteria: An Emerging Concept to Audit the Increasing Caesarean Section Rate at 62nd FOGSI, Bengaluru, 2019
- Australasian Medical Journal (AMJ 2011): Conjoined Twins with a Single Heart: A Rare Case Report
- The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology of India (Nov’14): Correlation of Endometrial Thickness with Cytological and Histopathological Pattern of Endometrium in Postmenopausal Bleeding
- JAMS: A Case of Iatrogenic Hematometra and Hematosalpinx
- IJOGR/2014;1(1):12-15): Relevance of Fetal Echocardiography Screening in Antenatal Women: an observational study
- IJRCOG (October 2018) (Online Submission): Classification of Caesarean Section through Robson Criteria: An Emerging Concept to Audit the Increasing Caesarean Section Rate
- IJRCOG (December 2018): A comparative Study of Subcuticular and Interrupted Stitches for Episiotomy
- JPOG(Nov/Dec 2019; Vol. 10., No. 6): Incidence of Urinary Incontinence in women attending preventive health checkups
- IJRMS (June 2021): Dynamics of contraceptive use among women attending multi-specialty hospital in Faridabad district of Haryana, Mendiratta S et al.