Dr. Prem Kumar V. Nair currently serves as the Group Medical Director for Amrita Hospitals and also as Provost of Medical Sciences at Amrita University. He is a skilled clinician par excellence and also serves as a Professor at the Department of Gastroenterology at the School of Medicine, Kochi. He has pursued a Doctor of Medicine (DM) and has completed his Fellowship of American College of Physicians (FACP) in Hepatology from the School of Medicine at University of Southern California in June 1986. Dr. Prem Nair also holds the office of the President of Association of Healthcare Providers (India).
- M.B.B.S. – Bombay University, National Medical College 
- Internship: Internal Medicine – Bronx Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York 
- Internal Medicine (American Board) – Bronx Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York [July 1978]
- Gastroenterology (American Board) – School of Medicine University of Southern California [June 1981]
- Fellowship in Hepatology (F. A. C. P.) – School of Medicine University of Southern California [June 1986]