Dr. Meghana Prabhu S, is amongst the few DM Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine trained doctors in the country (trained from the prestigious AIIMS, New Delhi). Dr. Prabhu is an avid researcher with over 24 publications, has authored book chapters and is a reviewer for many international journals. Her areas of interest include Nuclear Oncology and Theranostics in Nuclear Medicine & its application in treating prostate cancer, neuroendocrine cancer, thyroid cancer, targeted alpha therapy, etc. Previously she has served as Assistant Professor, Nuclear Medicine in ILBS, New Delhi (2020-2022). Dr. Prabhu has presented several papers in various conferences and CMEs.
- DNB (Nuclear Medicine)
- DM (Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi)
- Fellow of the Asian Nuclear Medicine Board (FANMB)
- General Nuclear Medicine Imaging
- PET – CT imaging, Nuclear Oncology
- Theranostics related to Prostate Cancer, Neuroendocrine Cancer, Thyroid Cancer, Pheochromocytoma / Paraganglioma; SIRT, Targeted Alpha Therapeutics.
- August 2020-Aug 2022: Assistant Professor, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi.
- Jan 2017 – Jan 2020: DM (Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- June 2016 - Dec 2016: Junior Consultant, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Narayana Health City, Bengaluru.
- Awarded first place for oral paper presentation in National Cardiology Society of India Biennial Conference 2013, Chennai.
- Received Gold Medal, DNB from National Board of Examinations in 2018.
- Awarded Fellow of Asian Board of Nuclear Medicine, 2019 held at AOCNMB, Shanghai, China.
- RCA award for presentation at the 2021 annual general meeting of ARCCNM.
Total: 24 (both international and National)
- Ramaswamy A, Gowda NR, H Vikas, Prabhu M, Sharma DK, Gowda PR, Mohan D, Kumar A. It’s the data, stupid: Inflection point for Artificial Intelligence in Indian healthcare. Artif Intell Med 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artmed.2022.102300.
- Prabhu M, Gupta A, Kansotia V, Passah A, Yadav HP. Metachronous ovarian carcinoma in patient with gastric neuroendocrine tumor diagnosed by 68Ga-DOTANOC and 18F-FDG positron emission tomography/computed tomography. Quant Imaging Med Surg 2022;12(4):2602-2606. doi: 10.21037/qims-21-713.
- Prabhu M, Shakya S, Ballal S, Ahmed Shamim S, Bal C. RET gene mutation analysis and long-term clinical outcomes of medullary thyroid cancer patients. Nucl Med Commun. 2020 Nov;41(11):1136-1142.
- Shamim SA, Arora G, Jha P, Gupta P, Behera A, Mukherjee A, Prabhu M, Ansari MT, Vyas S, Bal C. Comparison of Lutetium-177 tin colloid and Rhenium-188 tin colloid radiosynovectomy in chronic knee arthritis. Nucl Med Commun. 2020 Aug;41(8):721-726.
- Prabhu M, Raju S, Chakraborty D, Arora S, Kumar R. Spectrum of 18F-FDG Uptake in Bilateral Lung Parenchymal Diseases on PET/CT. Clin Nucl Med. 2020 Jan;45(1): e15-e19.
- Prabhu M, Kumari G, Damle NA, Arora G, Kumar P, Kumar R, Tripathi M, Bal C, Khadgawat R, Kumar C, Agarwal S. Assessment of the role of early dynamic PET/CT with 18F-fluorocholine in detection of parathyroid lesions in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. Nucl Med Commun. 2018 Dec;39(12):1190-1196.
- Prabhu M, Kumari G, Damle NA, Arora G, Tripathi M, Bal C, Kumar P, Kumar R. Comparability of Early Dynamic and Conventional Static Imaging With 18F-Fluorocholine PET/CT in a Patient with Primary Hyperparathyroidism. Clin Nucl Med. 2018 Nov;43(11):e400-e401.
- Prabhu M, Jain D, Gupta SD, Bal C, Kumar R. Detection of Solitary Axillary Lymph Node Metastases from Hürthle Cell Carcinoma of the Thyroid on 18F-FDG PET/CT. Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2018 Oct;52(5):389-393.
- Arunraj ST, Parida GK, Damle NA, Arora S, Reddy S, Chakraborty D, Prabhu M, Tripathi M, Bal C. 68Ga-DOTANOC PET/CT in Medulloblastoma. Clin Nucl Med. 2018 May;43(5):e145-e146.
- Prabhu M, Passah A, Kansotia V, Singh S. 18-F fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography of a large inflammatory-hepatocellular adenoma. Indian J Nucl Med 2021;36:95-6.
- Prabhu M, Damle NA, Ray A, Kandasamy D. 18F‑FDG PET/CT in cyst infection in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2020;30:102-4.
- Prabhu M, Shakya S, Ballal S, Shamim SA, Bal C. Long-term clinicopathological features of a family with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2A caused by C634R RET gene mutation. Indian J Nucl Med 2020;35:48-53.
- Prabhu M, Damle NA. Fluorocholine PET Imaging of Parathyroid Disease. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2018 Jul-Aug;22(4):535-541.
- Arora S, Prabhu M, Damle NA, Bal C, Kumar P, Nalla H, Arun Raj ST. Prostate-specific Membrane Antigen Imaging in Recurrent Medullary Thyroid Cancer: A New Theranostic Tracer in the Offing? Indian J Nucl Med. 2018 Jul-Sep;33(3):261-263.
- Prabhu M, Damle NA, Gupta R, Arora S, Arunraj ST, Bal C. Demonstration of 68Ga-prostate-specific Membrane Antigen Uptake in Metastatic Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor. Indian J Nucl Med. 2018 Jul-Sep;33(3):257-258.
- Perveen G, Arora G, Damle NA, Prabhu M, Arora S, Tripathi M, Bal C, Kumar P, Kumar R, Singh P, Das CJ, Passah A. Can Early Dynamic Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography Obviate the Need for Postdiuresis Image in 68Ga-PSMA-HBED-CC Scan for Evaluation of Prostate Adenocarcinoma? Indian J Nucl Med. 2018 Jul-Sep;33(3):202-208.
- Perveen G, Arora G, Damle NA, Prabhu M, Arora S, Tripathi M, Bal C, Kumar P, Kumar R, Singh P. Role of Early Dynamic Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography with 68Ga-prostate-specific Membrane Antigen-HBED-CC in Patients with Adenocarcinoma Prostate: Initial Results. Indian J Nucl Med. 2018 Apr-Jun;33(2):112-117.
- Prabhu M, Samson S, Reddy A, Venkataramanarao SH, Chandrasekhar NH, Pillai V, Shetty V, Koriokose MA, Vaidhya B, Kannan S. Role of Preablative Stimulated Thyroglobulin in Prediction of Nodal and Distant Metastasis on Iodine Whole-Body Scan. Indian J Nucl Med. 2018 Apr-Jun;33(2):93-98.
- Prabhu M, Raju SHVN, Sachani H. Rectal Carcinoma Metastases to Multiple Skeletal Muscles-Role of F-18 FDG PET/CT. Indian J Nucl Med. 2017 Jul-Sep;32(3):214-216.
- Kulkarni P, Rekha PS, Prabhu M, Venkataramarao SH, Raju N, Chandrasekhar NH, Kannan S. Renal Metastasis and Dual (18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose and 131I) Avid Skeletal Metastasis in a Patient with Papillary Thyroid Cancer. Indian J Nucl Med. 2017 Jan-Mar;32(1):50-53.
- Prabhu M, Raju N, Kannan S, Vijayaraghavan R L. Sternal metastasis from dedifferentiated thyroid cancer: Value of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography–computed tomography imaging in thyroglobulin elevated negative iodine scan syndrome. Thyroid Res Pract 2016;13:30-2.
- Prakash S, Prabhu M, Damle N.A. (2021). PET in Brain Tumors. In: Mallick, S., Giridhar, P., Rath, G.K. (eds) Evidence based practice in Neuro-oncology. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-2659-3_8.
- Chakraborty D, Das A, Prabhu M, Reddy K.S, Arora S, Bal C.S. (2022). Tumor Architecture and Targeted Delivery. In: Harsini, S., Alavi, A., Rezaei, N. (eds) Nuclear Medicine and Immunology. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-81261-4_10.
- Bal CS, Prabhu M, Chakraborty D, Reddy KS, Arora S. (2020). ‘Applications of Radioisotopes in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroid Disorders’. In: ‘Kapre, M. L’ 1st Ed.). Thyroid Surgery. Boca Raton: CRC Press. Chapter 21. p.161-172. doi: 10.1201/9780429086076.
- Oral presentation on ‘Evaluation of Diastolic Function in multivessel CAD patients – preliminary report’ at 2013 Biennial conference of NCSI, Chennai.
- Oral presentation on “Definition of hibernating myocardium by stand-alone 18FDG PET and comparison with conventional interpretation” in Southern Chapter, Bengaluru, August 2014.
- Oral presentation on “Role of Thalidomide and Sodium Valproate therapy in treatment of de-differentiated thyroid carcinoma” in SNMICON, 2018, PGI Chandigarh, 2018.
- Poster presentation on “Evaluation of concordance between 18F-Fluorocholine PET/CT and 4D – CT in localization of parathyroid adenomas” in AOCNMB, 2019, Shanghai, China.
- Oral presentation on “Role of 18F-FDG PET/CT in cholangiocarcinoma” in SNMICON, December 2020.
- Oral presentation on “Evaluation of diastolic dysfunction in multivessel coronary artery disease using 16 gated SPECT Myocardial perfusion imaging” in 2021 annual general meeting of ARCCNM.
- Invited as Guest Speaker to CME on “Recent trends and Updates in Nuclear Medicine” in association with Society of Nuclear Medicine India-Eastern Chapter in Guwahati, Assam, India (on 23.04.2022).