Dr. Arti Pawaria is qualified first formally trained female Paediatric Hepatoplogist and Gastroenterologist of India. She leads the department of Paediatric Gastroenterology & Hepatology which serves as Centre of Excellence for management of the diseases of liver, gastrointestinal, pancreas and liver transplant services in children from birth to 18 years of age. She is well renowned and accomplished clinician and academician committed to provide the highest standards of patient care in the field of Paediatric Gastroenterology & Hepatology. She received her basic Paediatric training (MD Paediatrics) from SMS Medial College (2010-2013) , followed by 1 year superspeciality training in Paediatric Gastroenterology (PDCC, 2014-2015) from renowned Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institte of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
Then she went on to pursue 3 year advanced training in Paediatric Hepatology and Liver Transplant (2015-2018) from the only dedicated centre for paediatric liver in India - Institute of Liver and Biliary Scinces, New Delhi. (Only 1 seat per year through national level competitive examination).She is recipient of highest number of international awards of our country for treatment and research in children with gastrointestinal and liver diseases. Currently she is serving children (up to 18 years of age) with all diseases starting from simple to complex, related to gastrointestinal, liver and pancreas. She is an expert in managing Liver Transplant Services which includes pre, peri and post operative management of liver transplant services for children.She performs all diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures including upper gastrointestinal endoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy and liver biopsies.She has been the Clinical Lead for Pedatric Hepatoogy & Liver Transplants at Global Hospital, Mumbai which is the Western’s India;s most successful Paediatric Liver Transplant Program.
Dr. Arti Pawaria is a well-known member of:
- Liver Transplant society Of India
- American Association of Study of Liver Diseases
- Indian Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology &Nutrition (ISPGHAN)
- International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS)
- Study of Paediatic Liver Transplant (SPLIT)- Largest consortium for Paediatric Liver Transplant in World
- MBBS 2009- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Karnataka
- MD Paediatrics - 2013 SMS, Medical College, Jaipur
- PDCC Paediatric Gastroenterology - 2015, SGPIGIMS, Lucknow
- DM Paediatric Hepatology - 2018, Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
Gastroenterology and Hepatology services for children 0- 18 years of age
- Diagnosis and management of complex gastrointestinal, liver diseases and pancreas in children
- Liver Transplant Services - Pre, peri and post operative management of liver transplant services for children.
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy- Diagnostic & Therapeutic
- Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy
- Management of accidental corrosive ingestion
- GI Stricture dilatation
- Variceal ligation/ Endoscopic Sclerotherapy
- Centre of Excellence of Paediatric liver & GI diseases- Wilson disease, Biliary Atresia, Metabolic Liver Disease, Celiac disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Refractory abdominal pain & constipation, Liver Transplantation
|Chronic Pain Abdomen
||Upper GI endoscopy
|Cases of Jaundice and liver failure
Viral Hepatitis A, B, C, E
|Chronic liver diseases
||Esophageal Foreign Body Removal
|Diseases of Pancreas
||Position & Institution
|2010 - 2013
||Resident Paediatrics, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan
|2013 - 2014
||Senior Resident Paediatrics, Maulana Azad Medical Medical College, New Delhi
|2014 - 2015
||PDCC Paediatric Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
|2015 – 2018
||DM Paediatric Hepatology, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi, India
|2019- May 2021
||Consultant Paediatric Hepatology & Gastroenterology, Metro Super-speciality Hospital, Gurgaon
|June 2021- July 2022
||Senior Consultant & Clinical Lead, Paediatric Hepatology, Gastroenterology and Liver Transplant Physician, Global Hospital, Mumbai
|August 2022- Present
||Clinical Lead Senior Consultant, Paediatric Hepatology, Gastroenterology & Liver Transplant Physician, Department of Paediatric Hepatology & Gastroenterology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Faridabad, Delhi NCR, India
- Young Investigator Award in the Annual Conference American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 2019 held in Boston, USA in November 2019.
- APASL-AASLD Research award for oral plenary presentation for study titled "Effect of special fortified indigenous diet on growth and outcome in children with infantile cholestasis - Prospective Interventional Randomized Controlled Trial" held from 20-24th February 2019 in Manila, Philippines.
- Young Investigator Travel Award for oral presentation at the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 2017 Annual Meeting held at Washington DC from 20-24th October 2017, titled “Early Predictors of Mortality in Children with Acute Liver Failure with Jaundice to Encephalopathy Interval Less than 7 days
- Travel award for oral presentation at 26th Annual Conference of Asian Pacific Association for study of Liver Diseases (APASL) 2017 held on 16-19th Feb 2017 at Shanghai, China– titled ‘Plasma Lactate Predicts Mortality in children with Hyperacute Liver Failure’
- Best Research Paper Award for Oral Plenary presentation at Annual Conference Of Indian Society of Paediatric Hepatology, Gastroenterology & Nutrition held in Jaipur, India from October 2022.
- Award for poster presentation in Indian Society of Clinical Nutrition Conference, held at Institute of Liver & Biliay Sciences, New Delhi from 14-16 October 2016 Titled ‘Alterations in Hormonal Profile in Children.
- Arti Pawaria, Rajeev Khanna, Vikrant Sood, Seema Alam. Validation of Subjective Global Nutritional Assessment in Childhood Chronic Liver Disease; British Journal of Nutrition 2021 May 14;1-10
- Arti Pawaria, Rajeev Khanna, Vikrant Sood, Bikrant Bihari Lal, Seema Alam. Ninety days Transplant Free Survival with High Volume Plasma Exchange in Wilson Disease presenting as Acute Liver Failure; J Clin Apher 2021 Feb;36(1):109-117
- Simone Kortbeek, Arti Pawaria, Vicky Lee Ng; Equivalence of Paediatric paper and electronic-based patient-reported outcome measures: Findings from a systematic review, Journal of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Publish Ahead of Print October 2022 DOI: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000003636
- Pawaria A, Mishra D, Juneja M, Meena J. Atypical manifestations of dengue fever. Indian Pediatr. 2014 Jun;51(6):495-6. Impact Factor 1.152, indexed
- Ujjal Poddar , Sumit Singh, Arti Pawaria, Anshu Srivastava and Surender K Yachha. Aetiological spectrum, clinical differentiation and efficacy of polyethylene glycol over lactulose in children with constipation: Experience of 316 cases, Journalof Paediatrics and Child Health, May 2018; doi:10.1111/jpc.14099
- Khanna R, Pawaria A, Alam S, Rawat D. Liver Transplantation in LCH: Risk Reactivation or Wait Till Decompensation? J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2016 Nov;38(8):664-665. Impact factor 1.076, indexed
- Meena J, Juneja M, Mishra D, Vats P, Pawaria A. Visceral leishmaniasis with Roth spots. OMCR 2014 9 (2 pages) doi:10.1093/omcr/omu043, indexed