Dr. Abhishek Behera, is amongst the few DM Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine trained doctors in the country. He is an alumnus of the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. Dr. Behera is an avid researcher with over 15 publications and book chapters. His, areas of interest include difficult to treat prostate cancer, neuroendocrine cancer, thyroid cancer, targeted alpha therapy, translational radionuclide therapy and neurological applications of nuclear medicine. He serves in the editorial board of international journals and has served as a nuclear medicine physician at various tertiary care centres in Delhi NCR.
- MD (Nuclear Medicine)
- DM (Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine)
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging
- PET – CT imaging
- Prostate Cancer
- Neuroendocrine Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Pheochromocytoma / Paraganglioma
- Targeted Alpha Therapeutics
- Translational Radionuclide Therapy
- Nuclear Brain Imaging
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Nuclear Endocrinology
- Mar 2021-Aug 2022 : Associate Consultant, Department of Nuclear Medicine, HCMCT Manipal Hospitals, Dwarka, New Delhi
- Jan 2018 – Jan 2021 : Doctor of Medicine Candidate (Therapeutic Nuclear Medicine) , All India Institute of Medical Sciences , New Delhi
- July 2014 – June 2017 : MD Candidate (Nuclear Medicine) , All India Institute of Medical Sciences , New Delhi
Publications in peer-reviewed Journals
- Agarwal KK, Seth R, Behra A, Jana M, Kumar R. 18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose PET/CT in Langerhans cell histiocytosis: spectrum of manifestations. Jpn J Radiol. 2016 Apr;34(4):267–76.
- Agarwal KK, Behera A, Kumar R, Bal C. 18F-Fluorodeoxyglucose-Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography in Tuberculosis: Spectrum of Manifestations. Indian J Nucl Med IJNM Off J Soc Nucl Med India. 2017 Dec;32(4):316–21.
- Tripathy S, Shamim SA, Behera A, Bal C, Kumar R. Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of Trachea: Findings on 18F FDG Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography. Indian J Nucl Med IJNM Off J Soc Nucl Med India. 2019 Sep;34(3):249–50.
- Tripathy S, Behera A, Kumar A, Subudhi K, Bal C. Adrenocortical Carcinoma with Inferior Vena Cava Thrombus on 18F-FDG-PET-Computed Tomography. Indian J Nucl Med IJNM Off J Soc Nucl Med India. 2020 Mar;35(1):87–8.
- Taywade SK, Damle NA, Behera A, Devasenathipathy K, Bal C, Tripathi M, et al. Comparison of 18F-Fluorocholine Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography and Four-dimensional Computed Tomography in the Preoperative Localization of Parathyroid Adenomas-initial Results. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2017 Jun;21(3):399–403.
- Shamim SA, Arora G, Jha P, Gupta P, Behera A, Mukherjee A, et al. Comparison of Lutetium-177 tin colloid and Rhenium-188 tin colloid radiosynovectomy in chronic knee arthritis. Nucl Med Commun. 2020 Aug;41(8):721–6.
- Saroha K, Pandey AK, Sharma PD, Behera A, Patel C, Bal C, et al. Development and Validation of the Suprathreshold Stochastic Resonance-Based Image Processing Method for the Detection of Abdomino-pelvic Tumor on PET/CT Scans. Indian J Nucl Med IJNM Off J Soc Nucl Med India. 2017 Jun;32(2):103–9.
- Behera A, Damle NA. Incremental role of 18F-fluorocholine PET/CT over technetium-99m-labeled MIBI scan in hyperparathyroidism. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2016 Dec;20(6):888–90.
- Arora S, Dhull VS, Mukherjee A, Tulsyan S, Behera A, Tripathi M. Metastatic superscan on (99m)Tc-methylene diphosphonate bone scintigraphy in pediatric neuroblastoma. Indian J Nucl Med IJNM Off J Soc Nucl Med India. 2015 Sep;30(3):286–7.
- Behera A, Yadav D, Singhal A, Patel C. Nuclear cardiology quiz. J Pract Cardiovasc Sci. 2016;2(2):126.
- Mukherjee A, Chakraborty PS, Behera A, Bal C, Kumar R. Radiation-Induced Esophagitis Masquerading as Disease Progression in Case of Esophageal Carcinoma: A Diagnostic Dilemma Solved on Follow-up FDG PET/CT. Clin Nucl Med. 2015 Jul;40(7):e380-381.
- Damle NA, Tripathi M, Behera A, Aggarwal S, Bal C, Aggarwal S, et al. Utility of (18)F-choline photon emission tomography/computed tomography in the diagnosis of parathyroid adenoma. Indian J Nucl Med IJNM Off J Soc Nucl Med India. 2016 Sep;31(3):207–9.
- Shamim SA, Arora G, Kumar N, Behera A, Hussain J, Gupta R, et al. Comparison of 99mTc-methyl diphosphonate bone scintigraphy and 68Ga-DOTANOC PET/computed tomography in articular manifestation of rheumatoid arthritis. Nucl Med Commun. 2022 Apr 1;43(4):428–32.
Conference Presentations & published abstracts
- “Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography: Does it have a role in Tuberculosis?” in the book “Imaging In Tuberculosis: Cytopathological Correlation” by Gupta and Sharma.
- Co-author in abstract titled “Prospective comparison of 18F-Fluorocholine PET/CT, Dual Phase 99mTc-Sestamibi SPECT/CT, and ultrasonography I the pre-operative localization of parathyroid adenoma” presented at the Society of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging , USA, Annual Conference in San Diego, USA.
- Presented abstract titled “Role of FDG PET-CT in symptomatic post renal transplant patients” in the 2016 annual meeting of Society of Nuclear Medicine, India, held in Ahmedabad, India.
- Presented abstract titled “Pattern of recovery of serum TSH in patients with suppression of hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis after low dose radioiodine ablation in hyperthyroid patients” in the 2019 annual meeting of Society of Nuclear Medicine, India, held in Mumbai, India.