Maj Gen Dr .Tapan Kumar Saha has served in the Armed Forces for more than 35 years and has more than 20 years of teaching experience in various Army teaching institutions. He has provided his valuable services in the field of Laboratory Medicine to the Indian Army for which he was honoured with Commendation Card by Chief of the Army in 1985 & 2014. He has also been an examiner of various reputed Universities.
Amongst his notable tenures when in service has been as a young medical officer in Indian Military Team for providing medical cover to Sikhs and their families in the Army relief camp following Mrs Indira Gandhi’s assassination. He was honored with Commendation Card by Chief of the Army for his contribution.
He has headed the affiliated teaching hospital of Armed Forces Medical College Pune, the largest Indian Armed Forces hospital in 2015-16. The hospital has a team of more than 300 doctors to handle an average daily load of more than 6000 OPD and 1000 inpatients. The Hon’ble Union Minister of Defence awarded him the Raksha Mantri Trophy for the best Armed Forces hospital in 2015.
- MBBS (Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut)
- MD (Biochemistry, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune)
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Medical Education
- National Course in Educational Science & Technology (Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi)
- Revised Basic Course Workshop (rBCW) & AETCOM workshop for Curriculum Committee Members (Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi)
- Curriculum Implementation Support Program (CISP) workshop (Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi)
- Raksha Mantry Trophy 2015 by Hon’ble Union Minister of Defence for the best Armed Forces hospital
- Best Zonal Hospital Trophy by the Army Commander of J&K region 2013-14
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation Card for service in J&K region during 2014-15
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation Card for service during 1984 riots
- Medical Journal Armed Forces of India 2nd best original article award for paper on Microalbuminaria
- Journals: 15 original articles in National/International Journals.
- Books: 2, Essentials of Medical Technology and MCQs & Item Analysis.