Dr Swati is a transfusion medicine specialist with special interests in therapeutic apheresis procedures such as plasmapheresis, cascade plasmapheresis, immunoadsorption, stem cell harvests, extracorporeal photopheresis for GVHD and transplant immunology.. She is well versed with routine blood banking procedures, donor and patient safety. She has an avid interest in research and sharing knowledge, with over 25 publications in National and International journals. She is also a reviewer for prestigious journals such as Transfusion and Transfusion apheresis and Dialysis. She strongly believes that indigenous research can pave the way for a better India and can improve access to healthcare for our countrymen
- MBBS – Vijay Nagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary, Karnataka (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore)
- MD Pathology- Sardar Patel Medical College Bikaner, Rajasthan (Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur)
- Visiting Fellowship in Apheresis and Cellular Therapy – Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre /Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (University of Washington Medical Centre, Seattle, USA)
||Amrita Hospital, Faridabad
||Medanta -The Medicity Hospital, Gurgaon
||Medanta -The Medicity Hospital, Gurgaon
- Travel grant to attend ESMO preceptorship on Colorectal Cancer, Singapore, 2015 by European Society of Medical oncology (ESMO)
- Travel grant to attend ESMO preceptorship on Prostate Cancer, Barcelona, 2015, by European Society of Medical oncology (ESMO)
- Second prize in free paper presentation in the 9th Transmedcon, December 2021
- Honoured on International women’s Day 8th March,21 for contribution to plasma therapy for Covid Patients by Akhil Bhartiya Terapanth Mahila Mandal
- Mehta SP, Tiwari AK, Puri R, Arora D, Aggarwal G, Ratan A. Severe hypertriglyceridemiainduced pancreatitis successfully managed with therapeutic plasma exchange: Report from India. Asian Journal of Transfusion Science. 2018 Jul;12(2):154
- Tiwari AK, Bhardwaj G, Arora D, Aggarwal G, Pabbi S, Dara RC, Sachdev R, Raizada A, Sethi M. Applying newer parameter Ret‐He (reticulocyte haemoglobin equivalent) to assess latent iron deficiency (LID) in blood donors–study at a tertiary care hospital in India. Vox sanguinis. 2018 Oct;113(7):639-46.
- Tiwari AK, Pabbi S, Aggarwal G, Arora D, Bhardwaj G, Setya D, Sharma J. Application of sequential serological testing strategy for detection of Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) for diagnosing HBV infection. Journal of virological methods. 2019 Dec 1; 274:11372
- Bhardwaj G, Tiwari AK, Arora D, Aggarwal G, Pabbi S, Setya D. Utility of grey zone testing strategy in transfusion transmissible infection testing in blood bank is of limited value! Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology. 2020 Apr 1;63(2):255.
- Aggarwal G, Tiwari AK, Dhiman P, Arora D, Pabbi SM, Setya D. Red blood cell exchange in sickle cell disease patient with multiple alloantibodies. Asian J Transfus Sci 2020; 14:70-314.
- Divya S, Aseem K Tiwari, Dinesh Arora, Subhasis Mirta, Swati Pabbi Mehta, GeetAggarwal. The frequent and the unusual red cell phenotypes in Indian blood donors: A quest for rare donors. Transfusion and Apheresis Science. 2020 May 4:102765.
- Thakkar D, Tiwari A, Pabbi S, Kapoor R, Aggarwal G, Rastogi N, Yadav S. Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Mobilization with Pegylated Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor in Children. Authorea Preprints. 2020 Nov 2.
- Tiwari AK, Setya D, Arora D, Mehta SP, Aggarwal G, Mitra S. An algorithmic approach to serological work-up of ABO sub-groups which present as ABO discrepancies in resource constraint settings. Journal of Immunological Methods. 2020 Dec 1; 487:112895.
- Tiwari AK, Upadhyay AP, Arora D, Wadhwa T, Aggarwal G, Pabbi S, Luthra AS, Rawat SS. Head-to-head comparison of Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) and Enhanced Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (ECLIA) for the detection of Transfusion Transmitted Disease (TTD) Markers; HIV, HCV and HBV in blood donors, in India. Journal of Virological Methods. 2020 Nov 1; 285:113962.
- Tiwari A, Aggarwal G, Gupta V, Arora D, Pabbi S, Rawat G. Automated-red cell exchange for methemoglobinemia in a G6PD-deficient patient. The National Medical Journal of India. 2020 May 1;33(3):149.
- Mehta P, Parikh P, Aggarwal S, Batra A, Patel A, Kulkarni P, Pabbi S, et al. Has India met this enemy before? From an eternal optimist’s perspective: SARS-CoV-2. Indian J Med Sci 2020; 72(1):8-12
- Rajvanshi C, TiwariAK, Pabbi S, Aggarwal G, Mehra S, Chauhan R, et al. Laboratory findings and treatment in nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC): Singlecenter report. Indian J Cancer 2021 April;58(2):299.
- Mehra S, Tiwari AK, Mehta SP, Sachdev R, Rajvanshi C, Chauhan R, Saini A, Vaid A. The utility of the Ion Torrent PGM next generation sequencing for analysis of the most commonly mutated genes among patients with colorectal cancer in India. Indian journal of cancer. 2021 Mar 21.
- Bhardwaj G, Tiwari AK, Aggarwal G, Pabbi S, Sharma J, Luthra A, Upadhyay A. Evaluation of quality matrix when practice changed from triple bags to quadruple (top and bottom) bags: In vitro analysis of blood components! Asian Journal of Transfusion Science. 2021 Jan 1;15(1):30.
- Setya D, Tiwari AK, Arora D, Mehta SP, Aggarwal G. A case report of multiple Rh alloantibodies in a pregnant female: Resolution by sequential adsorption. Asian Journal of Transfusion Science. 2021 Jan 1;15(1):109.
- Pabbi S, Kothari DC et al. Deep (Aggressive) Angiomyxoma of Vulva. A Case Report Int. J Sci. Study 2015;2 (10):112-116.
- Kothari DC, Goyal VK, Pabbi S, et al. Malignant Mixed Mesodermal Tumor of Ovary in a young Female: A Rare Case Report. Int J. Sci. Study 2015;2(10):150-153
- Dr. Dharam Chand Kothari, Dr. Swati Pabbi, et al. Primary Tuberculosis of Breast in 22-Yearold Female-A Rare Case Report. IOSR -JDMS e-ISSN:2279-0853, p-ISSN:2279-0861.Vol 13, Issue 12 Ver..II (Dec 2014), PP (70-74)
- Mehta P, Kumar L, Pabbi S. High Dose (18 g/m2) Versus Low Dose (12 g/m2) Cytosine Arabinoside as Consolidation for Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A Phase 3 Study: An Interim Analysis; accepted as an Abstract at European society of Hematology meeting, 2015
- Mehta P, Bhajoni, PSMehta SP. Fighting cancer through an informed society. J Soc Health Diabetes 2016; 4:57-66
- Mehta P, Bhajoni PS, Mehta SP. Response to afatinib, after gefitinib and erlotinib, in a patient with advanced carcinoma of lung with brain metastasis: A case report. Int J Mol Immuno Oncol 2017; 2:22-24
- Mehra S, Tiwari AK, Pabbi S, Chauhan R, Saini A, Aggarwal G, Govil D. Diagnostic value of different interleukins and procalcitonin in critically ill patients admitted with suspected sepsis. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology 2022;65:111-6
- Rajvanshi C, Tiwari AK, Pabbi S, Aggarwal G et al. Pre-Transplant compatibility tests in kidney transplant: Case report on significance of adding HLA bead-based assay to direct cellbased crossmatch assays. Indian Journal of Transplantation 2021 Jul 1;15(3):279.
- Pabbi S, Tiwari Ak, Aggarwal G, Sharma G et al. Reference interval of platelet counts and other platelet indices in apparently healthy blood donors in North India according to CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute) guidelines: Need to redefine the platelet count cut-offs for repeat plateletpheresis donation?”. Asian Journal of Transfusion Science
- Sood N, Tiwari Ak, Pabbi S et al. Clinical outcomes of autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) in Multiple Myeloma patients: 5-year experience from a single centre in north India. South Asian Journal of Cancer 2022 Aug 16.