Dr. Shaloo Garg is a Professor & Senior Consultant, Anaesthesiology, Amrita Hospital, Faridabad. She has done her MBBS and MD from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune and has 31 years of experience as a medical professional and 22 years of experience as an Anesthesiologist. She also has a sound understanding of all sub-specialty Anaesthesia including, Transplant surgeries (Renal transplant and Liver Transplant) Robotic and laparoscopic surgeries, Neonatal and Paediatric surgery, Obstetric emergencies and Labour Analgesia, Laparoscopic Gynaecology surgeries. Dr. Garg has expertise in delivering Anesthesia for complex and high risk surgical procedures including Onco and Orthopaedics and Ultrasound guided Regional Blocks. Talking about awards and accolades, she is a President’s Gold Medal recipient and has been awarded Flag officer Commander in Chief Commendation in 2003 & 2006 for outstanding services in the Navy as an Anaesthesiologist.
- PRESIDENT’S GOLD MEDAL, Best Outgoing Student amongst a Class of 125 Students in MBBS
- KALINGA TROPHY, Best Academic Performance across 3 MBBS, amongst a Class of 125 Students
- 1ST IN AFMC amongst a Class of 125 Students
- 1st IN PUNE UNIVERSITY in MD
- 1st IN AFMC & INSTRUCTOR GRADING & SILVER MEDAL
- Flag officer Commander in Chief Commendation 2003 & 2006 for outstanding services in the Navy as an Anesthesiologist.
- 2010 - Chapter in International Textbook: Authored chapter Shaloo Garg – ‘ Anaesthesia and Assisted Reproductive Technologies’ in the book titled ‘A manual of Human Clinical Embryology in Reproductive Technologies with DVD ROM’ published by The Jaypee Brothers Medical Publisher (P) Ltd.
- 2015 - Difficult airway after late postoperative bleeding in a case of total thyroidectomy, tracheal resection and reconstruction. Journal Of Anaesthe-siology Clinical Pharmacology, Oct-Dec 2015, Vol 51, Issue 4.
- 2015 - Self-knotting of a nasogastric tube passed through i-gelTM. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, Year 2015, Volume 59, Issue 5, Page 331-332.
- 2017 - Effect of Open and Closed Infusion System on Central Venous Catheter Associated bacteremia – A Comparative Study. Indian Journal of Applied Research-Vol 7, Issue 10, October 2017. Page 90-91
- 2019 - Minimal flow anaesthesia can be initiated early with the use of high-erfresh gas flow to facilitate desflurane “wash-in”. Journal of Anaesthesiol-ogy Clinical Pharmacology,10.4103/joacp. JOACP_188_19. Aug 2019
- 2019 - I-Gel supraglottic airway use is efficient and safe during minimal flowanaesthesia with volume controlled ventilation – a randomized con-trolled trial. Anaesth pain intensive care 2020; 24(1): 36-41
- 2020 - Peripartum Cardiomyopathy mimicking COVID 19 infection - Journal of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology, Jul 2020
- 2020 - An Observational study to determine whether alignment of endotra-cheal tube indicator line with the vocal cords results in appropriate depth of intubation. Acta Anaesth. Belg.,2020, 71, 83-89