Dr. Rishab Kumar, Radiation Oncologist with 8 years of experience in this technology and patient-driven field completed Senior Residency at AIIMS, New Delhi , ILBS and SGPGI. He completed his Junior Residency in Radiation Oncology at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and was awarded MD by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in 2017. During this period he learned about the nuances of Stereotactic Radiotherapy and radiosurgery and advanced image-guided Radiotherapy.
Dr. Rishab performed the world's first Robotic Liver HDR Brachytherapy and published Indian data on the role of HPV and telomerase in cervical and head and neck cancers respectively. He is specialized in using advanced forms of radiation to treat cancers of the Brain, Head, Neck, Breast, Gastrointestinal and Gynaecological regions. Cancer is best treated in a multi-disciplinary setting. All of his patients benefit from the combined knowledge of multiple specialists who are dedicated to curing their cancer and resuming their lives. Dr. Rishab have received advanced training to deliver high-precision personalized radiation to kill cancer and cause the least amount of side effects.
- MBBS- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences(Pondicherry University) 2012
- MD- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences(Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences) 2017
- ESTRO Fellow- ERASMUS MC- 2017
- CNS, Head and Neck, Breast, GI and GU Cancers
- Proficient Technology- Proton therapy, SRS, SBRT, IGRT, Brachytherapy, Robotic Brachytherapy, Hyperthermia, Translational Oncology, Radiomics
- MC Pant Gold Medal 2016
- GC Pant Gold Medal 2019
- Best Young Radiation Oncologist Award 2019
||ILBS, New Delhi
||AIIMS, New Delhi
- Sharma DN, Welsh J KR. 2021. Can low ‑ dose radiation therapy reduce the risk of mucormycosis in COVID ‑ 19 patients? J Cancer Res Ther. 17(6):1294–6.
- Srivastava A, Parambath HK, Ramdulari A V., Saxena H, Kumar R, Pandey S, Shalimar, Gupta S, Jee B. 2022. Is hepatocellular carcinoma complicated with portal vein tumor thrombosis potentially curable by radiotherapy in the form of stereotactic body radiation therapy? https://doi.org/101080/0955300220222055800 [Internet]. [accessed 2022 May 26]1–15.https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09553002.2022.2055800
- Kumar R. Gupta A, Prasad H, Thaper D, Kamal R Is an all phase ITV a gold standard for ITV delineation for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma- accepted in Advances of Radiation Oncology – accepted
- Gupta A, Pandey R, Sharma S, Ghosh V, Dhamija E, Barwad A, et al. Technical illustration of Volumetric arc conformal radiotherapy planning in a case of paratesticular sarcoma. J Radiother Pract. 2021;
- Rishabh Kumar, Kunhi Parambath Haresh, Daya Nand Sharma, Anil Gupta, Subhash Gupta, Subramani Vellaiyan, Goura Kishor Rath. Low-dose radiotherapy for COVID 19: A radioimmunological perspective. J Cancer Res Ther. 2021;1–5.
- Gupta A, Kulshrestha R, Kishore K, Micke O, Kumar R, Garg K, et al. Identifying Patterns of Failure and Risk Factors for Recurrence in Patients of Paratesticular Sarcomas: Protocol of a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Int J Surg Protoc [Internet]. 2021 May 28 [cited 2021 Jun 2];25(1). Available from: https://www.ijsprotocols.com/article/10.29337/ijsp.145/
- Kumar R, Kala P, Narayanan GS, Vishwanathan B, Narayanan S, Mandal S, et al. Evaluation and evolution of apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) in image-guided adaptive brachytherapy (IGABT) for cervical cancer. Brachytherapy [Internet]. 2021 Jan 1 [cited 2021 Jun 2];20(1):112–7. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2020.07.014
- Kamal R, Thaper D, Kumar R, Singh G, Yadav HP, Oinam AS, et al. Dosimetric impact of contrast-enhanced 4d computed tomography for stereotactic body radiation therapy of hepatocelluar carcinoma. Reports Pract Oncol Radiother [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2021 May 23];(May). Available from: www.tcpdf.org
- Kumar R, Gupta A. Efficacy and toxicity of SBRT in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein tumor thrombosis -a retrospective study. Reports Pract Oncol Radiother [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2021 May 23];(April). Available from: www.tcpdf.org
- Gupta A, Pandey R, Krishna A, Kumar R, Sharma S, Sarawagi R, et al. Surface mould brachytherapy planning in giant cell tumour of the tendon sheath of finger and dosimetric comparison with external beam radiotherapy: A case report. J Radiother Pract. 2020;
- Anil Gupta RK. Low Dose Radiation Therapy for COVID-19 Pneumonia: Why do we need another treatment modality which may be futile Vs Challenging opposition [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2021 Jun 2]. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/351956648_Low_Dose_Radiation_Therapy_for_COVID-19_Pneumonia_Why_do_we_need_another_treatment_modality_which_may_be_futile_Vs_Challenging_opposition
- Kumar R, Narayanan GS, Vishwanthan B, Narayanan S, Mandal S. A prospective comparative dosimetric study between diffusion weighted MRI (DWI) & T2-weighted MRI (T2W) for target delineation and planning in cervical cancer brachytherapy. Reports Pract Oncol Radiother [Internet]. 2020 Nov 1 [cited 2021 Jun 2];25(6):1011–6. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33299382/
- Yadav HP, Kumar R, Gupta A, Thaper D, Kamal R, Kirti S. Efficacy and Toxicity of SBRT in Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma With Portal Vein Tumor Thrombosis: A Retrospective Study. Int J Radiat Oncol [Internet]. 2020 Nov 1 [cited 2020 Dec 25];108(3):e622. Available from: http://www.redjournal.org/article/S0360301620333022/fulltext
- Thaper D, Singh G, Kamal R, Oinam AS, Yadav H, Kumar R, et al. Impact of dose heterogeneity in target on TCP and NTCP for various radiobiological models in liver SBRT: Different isodose prescription strategy. Biomed Phys Eng Express [Internet]. 2020; Available from: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/2057-1976/abd3f
- Bhatia M, Verma M, Kumar R. Effectiveness of Progressive Muscle Relaxation Therapy on Physical Symptoms among Cancer Patients receiving Chemotherapy admitted in Cancer Unit of Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi. Int J Sci Healthc Res [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Nov 30];5(4; Oct-Dec 2020):221–32. Available from: www.ijshr.com
- Narayanan G, Ganesh M, Kumar R. Comparison of treatment response in cervical carcinoma patients infected with human papillomavirus 16 and human papillomavirus 18 who are treated with chemoradiation. J Cancer Res Ther [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Jul 22];0(0):0. Available from: http://www.cancerjournal.net/preprintarticle.asp?id=286538;type=0
- Ganesh MS, Narayanan GS, Kumar R. Change of telomerase activity in peripheral blood of patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma pre and post curative treatment. Reports Pract Oncol Radiother. 2020 Jan 1;25(1):28–34.
- Thaper D, Kamal R, Singh G, Oinam AS, Yadav HP, Kumar R, et al. Dosimetric comparison of dynamic conformal arc integrated with segment shape optimization and variable dose rate versus volumetric modulated arc therapy for liver SBRT. Reports Pract Oncol Radiother. 2020 Jul 1;25(4):667–77.
- Gupta A, Kumar R, Yadav HP, Sharma M, Kamal R, Thaper D, et al. Feasibility of 4D CT Simulation with Synchronized Intravenous Contrast injection in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Reports Pract Oncol Radiother.
- Kumar R, Narayanan G. Comparative study of Diffusion and T2-Weighted MRI for delineation and planning-Cervix brachytherapy. Radiother Oncol. 2018 Apr;127:S1075–6.
- Kumar R, Narayanan D, Perumareddy V, Narayanan G. Aspiration Pneumonia in patients undergoing irradiation; the perspective of a developing country. Radiother Oncol [Internet]. 2018 Apr 1 [cited 2020 Jul 22];127:S654–5. Available from:
- Kumar R, Kala P, Narayanan G. Evaluation of Apparent diffusion coefficient(ADC) in Image guided brachytherapy for cervical cancer. Radiother Oncol [Internet]. 2018 Apr 1 [cited 2020 Jul 22];127:S1232–3. Available from: http://www.thegreenjournal.com/article/S0167814018325386/fulltext
- Narayanan G, Kumar R. Target Delineation Of Internal Mammary Nodes in Locally advanced Breast Cancer. Radiother Oncol [Internet]. 2018 Apr 1 [cited 2020 Jul 22];127:S737. Available from: http://www.thegreenjournal.com/article/S0167814018316578/fulltext
- Tiwari R, Narayanan GS, Jayakumar V, Narayanan S, Vishwanathan B, Mandal SK, et al. The promise of image-guided brachytherapy of better clinical outcomes in treatment of cervical cancer: Does it deliver? An Indian scenario. Gynecol Oncol [Internet]. 2018 Sep 1 [cited 2020 Jul 21];150(3):420–5. Available from: http://www.gynecologiconcology-online.net/article/S0090825818310680/fulltext
- Vishwanathan B, Kumar Mandal S, Kumar R, Ramprakash H. Image guided robotic interstitial brachytherapy, a new innovative treatment for malignancies. Hematol Med Oncol [Internet]. 2018;3(1):1–4. Available from:http://www.oatext.com/image-guided-robotic-interstitial-brachytherapy-a-new-innovative-treatment-for-malignancies.php
- Rao A, Kumar R, Narayanan G. A rare case of cisplatin-induced acute myocardial infarction in a patient receiving chemoradiation for lung cancer. J Cancer Res Ther [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2017 May 3];11(4):983. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26881563