Dr Priyadarshi Amit is a dual fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeon with previous experience of working as consultant in National Health Services (NHS) in the UK. His focus is surgical and non-surgical treatment of shoulder and elbow joint disorders. He specializes in both open and arthroscopic surgeries, providing world-class care to patients with sport injuries, trauma, and orthopaedic conditions. He performs both simple and complex surgical procedures on shoulders and elbows, including arthroscopic surgery, fracture care, and replacement procedures.
Dr Amit has over 15 years of experience in Orthopaedic Surgery. He has trained extensively both in India and in the United Kingdom. After obtaining his undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MS Orthopaedics) degrees from JIPMER, India (an Institute of National Importance), he relocated to the UK where he was awarded MCh degree (Trauma & Orthopaedics) and Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, England (FRCS Trauma & Orthopaedics). Dr Amit's foremost fellowship was Arthroscopy (Sports Surgery) at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham (one of the five Elective Orthopaedic Centres in the UK). He subsequently completed an Upper Limb Fellowship at the Royal London Hospital, the largest trauma centre in the UK that specialises in shoulder and elbow surgery.
He has previously worked as an Upper Limb Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in the UK.
Dr Amit has presented his work at national and international conferences, and has lectured and performed live surgery at scientific meetings.
- MBBS – JIPMER, Puducherry
- MS Orthopaedics – JIPMER, Puduchery
- DNB Orthopaedics – National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- MCh Trauma & Orthopaedics – Edge Hill University, UK
- MRCSEd – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- FRCS Orthopaedics – Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England, UK
- Arthroscopy Fellowship (1.5 year) – Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, UK
- Barts Bone and Joint Upper Limb Fellowship (1 year) – Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust, London, UK.
- Shoulder arthroscopy - Subacromial decompression, Capsular release, excision of calcific deposits
- Rotator cuff surgeries – Primary, Augmented, Revision repair, Superior capsular reconstruction, Tendon transfers
- Arthroscopic labral repair - Bankart/ Posterior labral / SLAP repair
- Arthroscopic latarjet or bone block procedure (anterior/ posterior)
- Biceps tendon procedures - biceps tenotomy/ tenodesis
- Arthroscopic ACJ repair/ reconstruction
- Comprehensive arthroscopic management (CAM)
- Biologic glenoid resurfacing
- Shoulder replacement – Hemiarthroplasty, Total anatomic shoulder replacement, Reverse shoulder replacement, Revision shoulder replacement
- Pectoralis major tendon repair
- Arthroscopic supraspinatus nerve decompression
- Sterno-clavicular joint (SCJ) procedures - excision or reconstruction
- Scapulothoracic procedures - arthroscopy or fusion
- Shoulder arthrodesis
- Tennis/ golfer’s elbow release
- Ulnar nerve (Cubital tunnel) release/ anterior transposition
- Distal biceps tendon repair
- Triceps tendon repair
- Elbow arthroscopy – capsular release, plica removal, loose body removal, osteochondritis dissecans, capsular release
- Elbow arthrolysis – arthroscopic/ open
- Medial or lateral collateral ligament reconstruction
- Replacement procedures – Radial head replacement/ Hemiarthroplasty/ Total elbow replacement/ Revision elbow replacement
Upper limb Trauma
- Internal fixation for Scapula fractures
- Collarbone (Clavicle) fracture
- Complex humerus (proximal or distal) fracture
- Terrible triad injury/ elbow fracture dislocation
- Essex-Lopresti injury
- Wrist fracture or dislocation (lunate or perilunate dislocation)
- Gold Medal in MS Orthopaedics
- Endowment Prize for securing highest marks in IA test in MS Orthopaedics
- Certificate of Excellence in Physiology in 1st academic year MBBS
- Consultant Orthopaedic Upper Limb Surgeon - York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK (Oct 2021 – July 2022)
- Barts Bone & Joint Upper Limb Fellowship – Barts Health NHS Trust, London, UK (Sept 2020-Oct 2021)
- Arthroscopy fellowship – The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, UK (Jan 2019 – August 2020)
- Speciality Registrar – Homerton University Hospital, London (Oct 2016 – Dec 2018)
- Speciality Registrar – Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (Oct 2015 – Oct 2016)
- Amit P, Kuiper JH, Snow M. Does oral statin use affect rotator cuff healing or muscle fatty atrophy after rotator cuff repair? J ISAKOS 2021; 6:450. DOI:10.1136/jisakos-2021-congress.148 [Conference abstract]
- Amit P, Snow M. Dermal patch augmented versus standard rotator cuff repair: Randomised controlled trial. J ISAKOS 2021; 6:416. DOI:10.1136/jisakos-2021-congress.77 [Conference abstract]
- Amit P, Snow M. Dermal patch augmented versus standard rotator cuff repair: Randomised controlled trial. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2021; 30(7):e440. DOI: 10.1016/j.jse.2021.03.055 [Conference abstract]
- Amit P, Singh N, Baring T. Sharpened lateral acromial morphology (SLAM lesion) as an indicator of rotator cuff tear: A prospective matched study. Shoulder Elbow 2021; 13(1s):S29-39. [Conference abstract]
- Amit P, Paluch AJ, Baring T. Sharpened lateral acromion morphology (SLAM sign) as an indicator of rotator cuff tear: A retrospective matched study. JSES Int 2021.
- Amit P, Kuiper JH, James S, Snow M. Does statin-treated hyperlipidemia affect rotator cuff healing or muscle fatty infiltration after rotator cuff repair? J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2021. (9th June 2021; doi 10.1016/j.jse.2021.05.014)
- Amit P, Marya SKS. Age-adjusted Charlson comorbidity index as a novel guideline for patient selection between unilateral versus bilateral simultaneous total knee arthroplasty. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 13th March 2021.
- Amit P, Singh N, Soni A, Bowman NK, Maden M. Systematic review of modular bicompartmental knee arthroplasty for medio-patellofemoral osteoarthritis. J Arthroplasty 2020; 35:893-899.
- Amit P, Rastogi S, Marya SKS. Mycobacterium abscessus associated prosthetic knee joint infection. Indian J Orthop 2017; 51:337-42.
- Marya SKS, Amit P, Singh C. Impact of Charlson indices and comorbid conditions on complication risk in bilateral simultaneous total knee arthroplasty. Knee 2016 Dec;23(6):955-9.
- Amit P, Singh N. Letter to the editor "Simultaneous bilateral versus unilateral total knee arthroplasty: A comparison of 30-day readmission rates and major complications". J Arthroplasty 2016 Jul;31(7):1616.
- Singh N, Amit P. Letter to editor: Cemented versus uncemented arthroplasty in patients with a displaced fracture of the femoral neck. Bone Joint J 2016 Feb 8.
- Amit P, Maharajan K, Varma B. Streptococcus pyogenes associated post traumatic Brodie's abscess of cuboid: a case report and review of literature. J Orthop Case Reports 2015 July - Sep:5(3);84-86.
- Amit P, Malhotra A, Kumar R, Kumar L, Patro DK, Elangovan S. Evaluation of static and dynamic MRI for assessing response of bone sarcomas to preoperative chemotherapy: correlation with histological necrosis. Indian J Radiol Imaging 2015 Aug:25(3);269-75.
- Amit P, Patro DK, Basu D, Elangovan S, Parathasarathy V. Role of clinical assessment and dynamic MRI in evaluation of response of malignant bone tumours to neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Am J Clin Oncol 2014 Aug;37(4):384-90.
- Benazzo F, Rossi SMP, Ghiara M, Amit P. Bicompartmental knee arthroplasty. Insall & Scott Surgery of the Knee. 6th Edition. New York: Elsevier. 2017 [Book chapter]