Dr. Arjun Khanna, is amongst the few DM Pulmonary medicine trained doctors in the country. He is an alumnus of the prestigious King George medical college, Lucknow and has served as faculty at India’s premium medical institute AIIMS, New Delhi. He is a university gold medalist with 10 gold medals in MBBS and university gold medalist of the DM exit exams. He was awarded as the Global rising star in Pulmonary medicine at the International workshop on lung health (Nice, France), for his work on biomass smoke associated chronic obstructive lung disease in the Indian subcontinent.
He has trained in advanced interventional pulmonology at the prestigious Siriraj hospital (Mahidol University), Bangkok. Dr. Khanna is an avid researcher with over 80 publications and book chapters. He has been faculty at various national and international conferences and workshops and has taken more than 500 invited lectures. His, areas of interest include advanced respiratory failure, severe COPD, difficult to treat bronchial asthma, Interstitial lung diseases and pulmonary rehabilitation. He serves in the editorial board of various national and international journals and has served as a senior pulmonologist, allergy, sleep medicine and critical care expert at various tertiary care centers in Delhi NCR.
- MD, DNB (INTERNAL MEDICINE)
- DM (PULMONARY AND CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE)
- FCCP(USA), FAPSR(JAPAN), FNCCP(INDIA)
- APSR FELLOW, INTERVENTIONAL PULMONOLOGY, MAHIDOL UNIVERSITY, BANGKOK, THAILAND.
- Pulmonary medicine
- Sleep medicine
- Critical care medicine
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Gold medals for standing first in 2nd, 3rd and final year MBBS examinations. Gold medals for securing highest marks in Pharmacology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Internal Medicine, Community medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology. Awarded, best passing out graduate.
- Awarded the university gold medal for DM examinations given by GGS IP University, New Delhi.
- Awarded GLOBAL RISING STAR OF PULMONOLOGY – 6th International Workshop On Lung Health, NICE, FRANCE in January 2019.
- Asia Pacific Respiratory society scholarship – IP FELLOW, MAHIDOL UNIVERSITY, BANGKOK, THAILAND.
Worked as Senior consultant, Department of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Galaxy Institute of Pulmonology, Galaxy Hospital Delhi and Yashoda Superspeciality Hospital , Kaushambi, UP ( October 2016 to July 2022).Worked as Consultant Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Metro hospital Noida – Metro Centre for Respiratory Diseases (November 2015- September 2016).Assistant professor (Internal Medicine - Pulmonary medicine unit) at The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi (June 2015-Novemebr 2015).Worked as consultant Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Metro hospital, Noida (from October 2014-June 2015).Worked as DM senior resident, Department of Pulmonary and Critical care medicine, VMMC and Safdarjang hospital, New Delhi (September 2011- September 2014)
- Arjun Khanna, Virendra Atam , M.L.Patel, Rajesh Verma , Alok Gupta . Evaluation of Cerebrospinal fluid Adenosine Deaminase levels as an ancillary diagnostic test for Tuberculous Meningitis and its correlation with adverse neurological outcome. Annals of Nigerian Medicine;Vol 4:Issue -2:51-54. 2010.
- Agrawal A, Gupta A, Khanna A. What dose of anti-snake venom should be given in severe neuroparalytic snake bite? Ann Thorac Med. 2011 Jan;6(1):47-8.
- Khanna A, Atam V, Gupta A. A case of dengue encephalitis with intracerebral
hemorrhage. J Glob Infect Dis. 2011 Apr;3(2):206-7.
- Gupta A, Agrawal A, Mehrotra S, Singh A, Malik S, Khanna A. Incidence, risk
stratification, antibiogram of pathogens isolated and clinical outcome of
ventilator associated pneumonia. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2011 Apr;15(2):96-101.
- Gupta A, Jain N, Agrawal A, Khanna A, Gutch M. A fatal case of severe
methaemoglobinemia due to nitrobenzene poisoning. Emerg Med J. 2012
- Jain N, Gutch M, Agrawal A, Khanna A. Quadriparalytic disseminated
neurocysticercosis. BMJ Case Rep. 2012 Jul 11;2012.
- Mishra N, Moda P, Khanna A. Heyde's syndrome: An unusual cause of lower gastrointestinal bleeding. Annals of Nigerian Medicine. Year : 2012 ,Volume : 6,Issue : 1, Page : 54-55.
- Nirdesh Jain, Himanshu Dandu, Shailendra Prasad Verma, Anil K Tripathi, Arjun Khanna, Manish Gutch. An observational study on the prevalence of dyslipidemia and dysglycemia in human immunodeficiency virus patients. Annals of Tropical medicine and Public Health. January-February 2013, 6(1):84-88.
- Ray A, Suri JC, Sen MK, Khanna A. Cystic lung disease in tuberculosis: An unusual presentation. Lung India 2013;30:351-3.
- Khanna A, Suri JC, Ray A, Sharma RK. Silica associated mixed connective tissue disorder in a stone crusher. Indian J Occup Environ Med 2013;17:76-7.
- Suri JC ,Ray A, Khanna A, Chitte NS. A novel treatment modality for extensive subcutaneous emphysema.J.Postgrad Med 2014;60:217-8.
- Khanna A, Suri JC, Ray A, Kumar H. Do not miss scrub typhus as a cause of multiorgan dysfunction in primary care practice.J Fam Med Primary Care2014;3:170-1.
- Ray A, Sharma R, Khanna A. Quadriparesis and hypokalemia in dengue. J Postgrad Med 2014;60:420.
- Gupta A, Jain N, Agrawal A, Khanna A, Gutch M. A fatal case of severe methaemoglobinemia due to nitrobenzene poisoning. BMJ Case Rep. 2011 Oct 4;2011.
- Khanna A, Suri JC, Ray A, Taneja P. Giant malignant solitary fibrous tumor: A rare thoracic mass in a patient of neurofibromatosis 1. Arch Med Health Sci 2015;3:160-1.
- Bhanot A, Khanna A, Talwar D. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever: An emerging threat for the intensivist. Indian J Crit Care Med 2015;19:554-6.
- Prajapat DK, Khanna A, Talwar D. Adenocarcinoma of the lung masquerading as miliary mottling: A rare presentation. Egypt J Intern Med 2015;27:118-20.
- Khanna A, Periwal P, Talwar D. Small cell carcinoma lung presenting as life-threatening hypercalcemia - A rare association. Lung India 2015;32:671-3.
- Khanna A, Sinha AK, Periwal P, Talwar D. Hypersomnolence in Kleine-Levin syndrome secondary to tuberculous meningitis. Astrocyte 2015;2:52-3.
- Periwal P, Khanna A, Nair V, Talwar D. Pulmonary embolism as the primary presenting feature of nephrotic syndrome. J Assoc Chest Physicians 2016;4:15-7.
- Periwal P, Khanna A, Saxena R, Talwar D. De novo angiosarcoma of the pleura in a young male. Arch Med Health Sci 2016;4:93-5.
- Johari M, Prajapat DK, Khanna A, Talwar D. Primary pleural primitive neuroendocrine tumor: A rare entity. J Assoc Chest Physicians 2016;4:81-3.
- Periwal P, Khanna A, Gothi R, Talwar D. Bronchocentric granulomatosis with extensive cystic lung disease in tuberculosis: An unusual presentation. Lung India 2016;33:320-2.
- Jha OK, Khanna A, Dabral C, Talwar D. Tombs of Aspergillus: A missed cause of recurrent respiratory infections in allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Indian J Crit Care Med 2016;20:421-4.
- Khanna A, Gupta A, Sen M.K., Suri J.C. Transtracheal Oxygen Therapy and Bronchial Toileting using Minitracheostomy in Patients with Advanced Respiratory Failure. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2016;58:45-47.
- Sharma RK, Khanna A, Kumar H. Pericardial effusion: A paradoxical presentation of tuberculosis treatment. Int J Health Allied Sci [serial online] 2016 [cited 2016 Aug 5];5:182-4.
- Talwar D, Nair V, Khanna A, Dogra V. Glued lungs: Sticky and tricky. Lung India 2016;33:528-31.
- Periwal P, Khanna A, Dabral C, Talwar D. A case of disseminated bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma masquerading as nonresolving pneumonia. Lung India 2016;33:573-4.
- Sinha AK, Jose A, Khanna A, Talwar D. Postpericardiotomy syndrome: What a pulmonologist must know. Lung India 2016;33:586-7.
- Jose A, Kuriakose M, Khanna A, Talwar D. Bilateral empyema in a patient with seropositive rheumatoid arthritis - infective versus non-infective. J Assoc Chest Physicians 2017;5:56-8.
- Sinha AK, Khanna A, Talwar D, Dbaral C. Primary pleural leiomyosarcoma - A rare entity. Lung India 2017;34:104-5.
- Endobronchial Ultrasound: A New Technique Of Pericardiocentesis In Posterior Loculated Pericardial Effusion. Sharma RK, Khanna A, Talwar D.Chest 2016;150(5):e121-e123.doi:10.1016/j.chest.2016.03.013.
- Bhanot A, Khanna A, Rahul D, Talwar D. Bodybuilders pneumonia. J Family Med Prim Care 2016;5:890-1.
- Nair V, Sharma RK, Khanna A, Talwar D. Pulmonary mucormycosis diagnosed by convex probe endobronchial ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of cavity wall. Lung India 2017;34:179-81.
- Khanna A, Sinha AK, Pandey KK. Chikungunya and the pulmonologist – What we must know. J Assoc Chest Physicians [serial online] 2017 [cited 2017 Jul 9];5:87-8.
- Fletcher TE, Gulzhan A, Ahmeti S, Al-Abri SS, Asik Z, Atilla A, Khanna A et al. (2017) Infection prevention and control practice for Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever—A multi-center cross-sectional survey in Eurasia. PLoS ONE 12(9): e0182315. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0182315.
- Gowda NC, Ray A, Soneja M, Khanna A, Sinha S. Evaluation of Xpert® Mycobacterium tuberculosis/rifampin in sputum-smear negative and sputum-scarce patients with pulmonary tuberculosis using bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. Lung India 2018;35:295-300.
- Khanna A, Sinha AK, Pandey KK. Remitting Seronegative Symmetrical Synovitis with Pitting Edema (RS3PE) with Interstitial Lung Disease—An Unusual Association. J Assoc Chest Physicians 2018;6:84-5.
- Dhar R, Singh S ,Talwar D, Khanna A et al. Bronchiectasis in India: results from the European Multicentre Bronchiectasis Audit and Research Collaboration (EMBARC) and Respiratory Research Network of India Registry. Lancet Glob Health. 2019; 7: e1269-e1279
- Arjun Khanna (2019)  Differences in Tobacco Smoke Associated and Biomass Fuel Associated Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) – A Unique Disease of the Indian Subcontinent, COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, 16:2, 206, DOI: 10.1080/15412555.2019.1582857.
- Khanna A, Talwar D. Who is an interventional pulmonologist in India? – Time to bell the cat. Lung India 2020;37:456-7.
- Khanna A. Parvo virus infection − an unusual cause of pleural effusion in an immunocompetent patient. J Assoc Chest Physicians 2020;8:99-101.
- Vijailaxmi Thanesekaraan, J K Samaria, Suryakant, Parvaiz Kaul, Narayan Mishra, Arjun Khanna etal. Consensus Statement on : Favipiravir as an Empirical Therapy for Influenza-like Illness during COVID-19 Pandemic. J Indian Med Assoc 2020; 118(9): 70-6.
- Deshmukh K, Khanna A, Talwar D. “COVID Vaccine” is not the excuse to delay adaptation to the “New-Normal”. J Family Med Prim Care 2020;9:5076-8.
- Deshmukh K, Khanna A. Seasonality of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Asia: Insights from Google Trends. Indian J Sleep Med 2020;15(3):39–45.
- Khanna A, Sinha AK, Maheshwari S, Pandey KK. The noninvasive ventilation helmet: Another vital tool for the new normal. Indian J Respir Care 2021;10:164.
- Arjun Khanna. Review Article: Pigtail Catheters in Pleural Diseases. Journal of MAR Pulmonology [Internet]. 2020 Nov 01[ cited 2020 Nov 01]; 1(3). Available from: https://medicalandresearch.com/journals/view_article/205.
- Dr. Arjun Khanna. “Care Giver Burnout in the COVID 19 Pandemic- Doctor Heal Thyself” MAR Pulmonology 2.2 (2021).
- Rana P, Ghadlinge M, Singh P, Chandane R, Khanna A. Assessment of knowledge, attitude and practices on the use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) as prophylaxis for COVID-19 infection among medical doctors: A cross-sectional study.. Pharm Biomed Res. 2021; 7 (2).
- Deshmukh K, Khanna A. Implications of managing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in cardiovascular diseases. Tuberc Respir Dis 2021;84:35-45.
- Deshmukh K, Khanna A. The Burden of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Cardiovascular Diseases: A Non-Western Perspective. Tuberc Respir Dis. 2021;84(2):167-170.
- Pooja Khanna, Kartik Deshmukh, Isham Goel, Arjun Khanna. “Routine Pediatric Vaccinations, Should Not Be Overlooked Due to The Covid19 Pandemic” MAR Pulmonology 2.4 (2021)
- Deshmukh, Kartik, and Arjun Khanna. 2021. “Single Inhaler Triple Therapy in COPD – All That Glitters Is Not Gold”. Monaldi Archives for Chest Disease 91 (2).
- Khanna, Arjun1; Sinha, Ankit Kumar1; Kumar, Prachi2; Pandey, Kamal Kishore1 Acute localized pulmonary histoplasmosis - Another bug out of COVID’s Pandora box!, Lung India: Jan–Feb 2022 - Volume 39 - Issue 1 - p 91-92 doi: 10.4103/lungindia.lungindia_590_21.
- Khanna A, Periwal P, Talwar D. Double trouble - Catastrophic antiphospholipid antibody syndrome with dengue fever. Med J DY Patil Vidyapeeth 2022;15:118-20.
- Deshmukh K, Khanna A, Periwal P, Khurana S. Google trends and queries for chronic respiratory diseases – a new tool for physicians treating respiratory diseases. PARIPEX - INDIAN JOURNAL F RESEARCH | O November - 202 Volume - 10 | Issue - 11 | 1 | PRINT ISSN No. 2250 - 1991 | DOI : 10.36106/Paripex.
- Bhanot A, Khanna A, Sharma T, Johari M, Kuriakose M, Jain N etal. Evaluate the utility of lung ultrasound as a diagnostic tool in patients with acute respiratory failure. PARIPEX - INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH | Volume - 10 | Issue - 12 |December - 2021 | PRINT ISSN No. 2250 - 1991 | DOI : 10.36106/Paripex.
- Periwal P, Prajapat DK, Khanna A, Talwar D. Assessment of quality of life in patients with lung cancer and correlation with staging of disease at time of diagnosis in a tertiary care hospital. J Assoc Pulmonologist 2021;4:58-64.
- Bhattacharjee A, Khanna A, Gutch M. COVID vaccination in patients with diabetes mellitus: A catch 22 situation? J Family Med Prim Care 2022;11:403-4.
- Periwal P, Khanna A, Talwar D. Role of flexi-rigid thoracoscopy in undiagnosed pleural effusions and correlation of visual appearance of pleura on thoracoscopy with the final diagnosis. J Assoc Pulmonologist 2021;4:104-11.
- Khadke S, Khadke V, Tomar S, Khanuja PK, Suresh S, Sohail MR, Khanna A. A review of COVID-19-associated mucormycosis in India. Int J Community Med Public Health 2022;9:2297-2304
- Dumra H, Khanna A, Madhukar SK, Lopez M, Gogtay J. Perceptions and Attitudes of Patients and Their Family Caregivers on Nebulization Therapy for COPD. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2022;17:2277-2288 https://doi.org/10.2147/COPD.S367819.
- API – Medicine Update 2019 – Role of HRCT Chest in Respiratory diseases.
- API – Medicine Update 2021 – Management of advanced Respiratory failure.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome , World Clin Pulm Crit Care Med.2016;4(1):66-79 4. API – Medicine update 2022- Treatment of Interstitial Lung diseases.