Qualification:MD, DM, Fellowship in Neuromuscular Disorders
Dr Gopikrishnan, received his neurology training from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute, Trivandrum and further completed his fellowship in neuromuscular disorders from NIMHANS Bangalore. He is an American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine recognised diplomate in this sub-specialty.
1. Unnikrishnan G, Hiremath N, Chandrasekharan K, Sreedharan SE, Sylaja PN. Cerebral Large- Vessel Vasculitis in Sjogren's Syndrome: Utility of High-Resolution Magnetic Resonance Vessel Wall Imaging. J Clin Neurol. 2018;14(4):588-590.
2. Sundaram S, Nair SS, Jaganmohan D, Unnikrishnan G, Nair M. Relapsing lumbosacral myeloradiculitis: An unusual presentation of MOG antibody disease. Mult Scler. 2020 Apr;26(4):509-511. doi: 10.1177/1352458519840747. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 30931808.
3. Unnikrishnan G, Jacob NS, Salim S, Jose M, Salini RA, Pavithran V, Jeemon P, Thomas SV. Enduring language deficits in children of women with epilepsy and the potential role of intrauterine exposure to antiepileptic drugs. Epilepsia. 2020 Nov;61(11):2442-2451. doi: 10.1111/epi.16685. Epub 2020 Oct 14. PMID: 33345345.
4. Santhakumar S, Lukas J, Unnikrishnan G, Thomas B, Kesavadas C. Treatable Hereditary Manganese Transport Disorder: Novel SLC30A10 Mutation and its Characteristic Neuroimaging Appearance in Two Siblings. J Pediatr Genet [Internet]. 2020 Jul 23
5. Huddar A, Polavarapu K, Preethish-Kumar V, Bardhan M, Unnikrishnan G, Nashi S, Vengalil S, Priyadarshini P, Kulanthaivelu K, Arunachal G, Lochmüller H, Nalini A. Expanding the Phenotypic Spectrum of ECEL1-Associated Distal Arthrogryposis. Children (Basel). 2021 Oct 13;8(10):909. doi: 10.3390/children8100909. PMID: 34682174; PMCID: PMC8534696.
6. Rajula RR, Saini J, Unnikrishnan G, Vengalil S, Nashi S, Bardhan M, Huddar A, Chawla T, Sindhu DM, Ganaraja VH, Polavarapu K, Preethish-Kumar V, Kandavel T, Nalini A. Muscle ultrasonography in detecting fasciculations: A noninvasive diagnostic tool for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Clin Ultrasound. 2021 Oct 15. doi: 10.1002/jcu.23084. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34653263.
7. Rajula RR, Saini J, Unnikrishnan G, Vengalil S, Nashi S, Bardhan M, Huddar A, Chawla T, Sindhu DM, Ganaraja VH, Polavarapu K, Preethish-Kumar V, Kandavel T, Sathyaprabha TN, Nalini A. Diaphragmatic ultrasound: Prospects as a tool to assess respiratory muscle involvement in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Clin Ultrasound. 2021 Oct 5. doi: 10.1002/jcu.23069. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34609007.
8. Ganaraja VH, Polavarapu K, Preethish-Kumar V, Shingavi L, Ram Murthy A, Vengalil S, Nashi S, Bardhan M, Gautham A, Swetha G, Dhaarini M, Sanita R; Unnikrishnan G, Huddar A, Kiran, Valasani Ravi KV; Thomas, Priya Treesa T; Nalini A. Disease progression and mutation pattern in a large cohort of LGMDR1/LGMD 2A patients from India. Global Medical Genetics 2021
9. Sindhu DM, Huddar A, Saini J, Vengalil S, Nashi S, Kandavel T, Bardhan M, Unnikrishnan G, Bathala L, Leo H Visser LH, Nalini A. Cross Sectional Area Reference Values of Nerves in the Upper and Lower Extremities using Ultrasonography in the Indian Population. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. (accepted for publication)