The Division of Stroke at Amrita Hospital is the first dedicated department in India to provide the most comprehensive stroke care. The department provides care exclusively for stroke patients starting from the onset (hyper acute phase) to the rehabilitative and follow-up phase. It also carries a continuous care program for life after stroke, including vascular risk reduction clinic and integrated stroke rehabilitation. Using the most modern facilities for imaging, learned expertise and skill mix, the team uses the best evidence-based methodologies and most modern approaches in the management of stroke.
Procedures / Interventions Performed
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid stenting Intracranial interventions (Stenting, aneurysmal treatment,AV malformation treatment)
- PFO closure 24 x 7 Stroke Thrombolysis including Intra-arterial thrombolysis
- Emergency Hemicraniectomy
- 1 x 64 slice CT scanner, CT Angiography
- 2 x 16 slice CT scanners
- 2 x 1.5 Tesla MRI, MR Angiography
- Transcranial Doppler
- Functional MRI; MR Spectroscopy
- PET scanner
- SPECT scanner
- Modern Doppler Ultrasound
- Vascular Lab with C-arm Dyna CT scanner
- Functional Endoscopic evaluation of Swallow
- Trans-oesophageal echocardiography
- Holter/REVEAL device for hidden arrhythmias
Why Choose Us ?
The patients with stroke can make a help call at the help line number (7034028560) and ambulance service is offered. The trained EMT staff will bring the patients to the acute stroke care team. Amrita offer free ambulance service to all stroke patients informed to stroke hotline.
Emergency Department Care
Acute stroke imaging and round the clock stroke neurology service. Perfusion diffusion imaging services are available.
Stroke Unit Care
Stroke unit involves a dedicated ICU and a stroke in-patient ward with a team of dedicated doctors and multidisciplinary experts including stroke specialists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurophysiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, swallowing therapists, clinical psychologists, clinical pharmacologists, medical social workers, physician assistants and neurovascular interventionists. The department provides state-of-the-art care in stroke management.
Endovascular Stroke Therapy
State-of-the-art neurointervention cath lab with endovascular treatment facility.
Intra arterial thrombolysis and stent retrival (solitaire).
Amrita stroke services has provided expert advice for acute stroke patients across the Kerala rural district hospitals since January 2014. The department also runs stroke a TIA tele-clinic with a pan-African network. Any hospital in the world can get stroke care advice from Amrita Hospital Stroke Department if there is a connectivity.
Integrated Customized Rehabilitation Program
This valuable service is offered by only Amrita Stroke Center where stroke patients at any stage are benefitted in terms of quality of life. There is a full neuro-assessment, plus rehabilitation planning setting realistic goals for further rehabilitation. There is an integration of ayurveda, yoga, medication, art and music therapy in this center.
The department actively participates in ICMR (National Centre for Disease Informatics and Research) projects and has an active representation at the National Research Advisory Panel for Stroke (ICMR). Research into stroke causation is currently underway.
What We Offer
- Free 24x 7 pre-hospital ambulance service to emergency
- 24 x7 Stroke Thrombolysis and Endovascular Service
- 24 x 7 Stroke Prevention (Rapid Access Ministroke) Service
- 24X7 Emergency Stroke Ambulance Service
- Hyperacute Stroke ICU staffed with modern monitoring facilities and trained specialist staff
- Stroke Followup Clinic
- Outpatient Stroke Rehabilitation
- Spasticity Therapy (including Botox for spasticity)
- Anticoagulation Advisory Service and follow up Service