Fellowship in Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology (FGIL Path)
This is a 2 year Fellowship program aimed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the spectrum of adult and paediatric gastrointestinal, pancreatic and hepatobiliary pathology and to competently handle issues that arise in routine and specialty/referral practice. The Fellowship will be awarded by Amrita University after successful completion of theory and practical exam at the end of the 24 month training program.
- To increase knowledge and experience in neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases that primarily or secondarily affect the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas and liver in both adult and paediatric patients.
- To strengthen diagnostic skills in gastrointestinal and liver pathology by interpreting histological findings in the light of clinical presentation and laboratory data and with the full awareness of the potential clinical impact of the diagnosis and differentials.
- To independently evaluate intraoperative consultations.
- To gain exposure in transplant pathology.
- To understand the utility of ancillary techniques including molecular studies for diagnostic and theranostic purposes in the field of gastrointestinal and liver pathology.
- To gain experience in FNA cytology of liver and pancreas.
- To develop an appreciation of the multidisciplinary team approach to the treatment of patients with these diseases.
- To enhance teaching abilities through interaction with pathology trainees, students and clinicians.
- To gain experience in research techniques, write up research protocols and utilize these techniques to complete research projects.
Essential : MD / DNB in related areas.
Duration : 24 Months
Closing date of application : 31.08.2022
Commencement month: November 2022
To apply :
Please send the following to:
Sub: FGIL Path
- Curriculum Vitae – include 2 referees, and list your publications in Vancouver citation style.
- Personal Statement to support your application (no more than 1000 words).
Dr. Roopa Paulose (Course Organizer)
Phone: +91 (484) 2851234, Ext: 8020