Cardiac Healthcare Division
Division of Cardiac Healthcare at the Centre for Comprehensive Women’s Healthcare, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, has an excellent team to provide comprehensive cardiac care for women. The team is led by Dr. Saritha Sekhar, a female interventional cardiologist, with special interest in preventive cardiology. The team also consists of an experienced female echocardiographer, female treadmill technician and dietician.
- Screening of apparently healthy women to identify risk factors predisposing coronary artery disease.
- Measures to control the risk factors including lifestyle modifications.
- Appropriate dietary counselling and monitored exercise programmes.
- Special support groups for women with established coronary artery disease for close follow up, ensuring drug compliance and emotional support in addition to the lifestyle modifications.
- Heart disease during pregnancy: pregnancy induced hypertension, gestational diabetes, valvular heart disease during pregnancy, CAD in pregnant women.
- Lifestyle modification for adolescent girls especially obesity, PCOD and metabolic syndrome.