Kids are not small adults.
Neurosurgical problems in children are distinct and requires a different set of knowledge and perspective. The treatment in any child primarily involves around delivering a comprehensive care towards a happy future.
Serving this goal is our division of Paediatric Neurosurgery, which is one of the very few dedicated divisions in the country treating neurosurgical problems in kids.
In the last decade, the division has emerged as one of the best and leading treatment and academic centres in the country for neurosurgical problems in children.
Our goal is to deliver a comprehensive care for kids afflicted with neurosurgical problems.
- Spina bifida (myelomeningocele, lipomyelomeningocele) / tethered cord
- Hydrocephalus (term describing excess fluid in the brain due to various causes)
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery/neuroendoscopy (for hydrocephalus, arachnoid cyst, tumor biopsy)
- Paediatric neuroncology (tumors of brain/orbit, spine and spinal cord in children)
- Craniofacial anomalies/ craniosynostoses (abnormal shapes of head and associated problems)
- Cerebral infections (abscess, tuberculosis, meningitis, ventriculitis)
- Neurosurgical problems in neonates (hydrocephalus, myelomeningocele, infections, tumors, congenital anomalies)
- Antenatal counselling for fetal neurological pathologies/ fetal intervention
- Paediatric spine pathologies, scoliosis correction
- Paediatric epilepsy
- Paediatric head injury
- Paediatric rehabilitation for neurological problems
- Paediatric vascular malformations
Speciality clinics for multidisciplinary comprehensive care
- Hydrocephalus clinic (combined with paediatric neurology, paediatric ophthalmology, clinical psychology, physical medicine)
- Paediatric Craniofacial clinic (combined with maxillofacial surgery, plastic surgery, paediatric genetics, clinical psychology, dental surgery, hand surgery, ophthalmology
- Multidisciplinary spina bifida clinic (combined with paediatric urology, paediatric surgery, paediatric orthopaedics, physical medicine, clinical psychology)
- Fetal board for fetal neurological pathologies (combined with perinatology, paediatric surgery, neonatology and obstetrics)
- Multidisciplinary tumor board (combined with paediatric neuroncology, radiation oncology, radiologist, pathologist)
- Brachial plexus clinic