Cytogenetics lab at Amrita hospital provides a wide array of tests. In times of precision medicine, we believe in performing tests in collaboration with the clinicians to give individualized patient care in the best way possible for both constitutional genetic disorders and hematologic/solid organ malignancies. We provide state-of-the-art services with rapid turnaround time at competitive prices.
Indications for Cytogenetic testing:
- Congenital malformations, developmental disorders, intellectual disability, infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss
- Hematologic disorder/malignancies
- Other organ malignancies
Types of specimens processed:
Amniotic fluid, chorionic villus, products of conception, peripheral venous blood, cord blood. bone marrow, skin and solid tumor samples.
- Chromosome analysis by karyotyping
- Stress cytogenetics testing
- FISH (fluorescence in situ hybridization) analysis – aneuploidy screen, FISH for Subtelomere regions, microdeletions, Leukemia/MDS panel, Her2neu etc
- Chimerism testing
Clinical research activities
Human Cytogenetics Lab
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center
Phone : 0484 – 2858194