Areas of Expertise
1. Clinical Nephrology.
2. Hemodialysis, Peritnoneal Dialysis, Plasmapharesis, Hemoperfusion, CRRT.
3. Kidney Biopsy- USG Guided.
4. Kidney transplantation- live and deceased donor.
Special Training in Research
1. Training in Epidemiology & Clinical Research Methodology by University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2004 and 2006.
2. Training in Evidence Based Medicine by Cornell University, New York, 2011
3. Training in Nephropathology by International Society of Nephrology ANIO (2015- 2016)
Areas of Interest
1. Clinical Research – Diabetic Nephropathy, Preventive Nephrology
2. Genetics of Diabetic Nephropathy
3. Public awareness programmes
1. Prof. M. Viswanathan Memorial DRC National Diabetes Research Grant.
2. Travel grant to attend 65th annual session of American Diabetes Association at San Diego, California.
3. Senior Research Fellowship for ICMR Young Diabetes Registry Project (2006-2007).
4. Niyamathullah Essay Competition- Second Prize: Indian Society of Nephrology Southern Chapter (2010).
5. IMA- Kerala Medical Journal Research Award- 2011.
6. “YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD” by Association of Physicians of India - Kerala Chapter 2011.
7. Award for free paper presentation, Nephrology Association of Kerala Annual Conference at Bekal 2014.
1. Anjana M, Sandeep S, Deepa R, Vimaleswaran KS, Farooq S, Mohan V. Visceral and central abdominal fat and anthropometry in relation to diabetes in Asian Indians. Diabetes Care. 2004; 27:2948-53.
2. Abate N, Chandalia M, Satija P, Adams-Huet B, Grundy SM, Sandeep S, Radha V, Deepa R, Mohan V. ENPP1/PC-1 K121Q Polymorphism and genetic susceptibility to type 2 diabetes. Diabetes.2005; 54:1207-13.
3. Mohan V, Gokulakrishnan K, Sandeep S, Srivastava BK, Ravikumar R, Deepa R. Intimal media thickness, glucose intolerance and metabolic syndrome in Asian Indians – the Chennai Urban Rural Epidemiology Study (CURES 22). Diabetic Medicine, 2006;23:845-850.
4. Mohan V, Sandeep S, Deepa M, Gokulakrishnan K, Datta M, Deepa R. A diabetes risk score helps identify metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular risk in Indians- the Chennai Urban Rural Epidemiology Study (CURES-38). Diabetes Obesity Metabolism. 2007;9:337-343.
5. Sandeep S, K Velmurugan, R Deepa, V Mohan. Serum Visfatin in relation to visceral fat, obesity and type 2 diabetes in Asian Indians. Metabolism, 2007 56:565-570.
6. Mohan V, Sandeep S. ADOPT and DREAM trials and the Indian perspective. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2007; 1:189-192.
|Poster presentations at national conferences||16|
|Oral presentations at international conferences||3|
|Oral presentations at national conferences||7|
|Poster presentations at national conferences||3|